I'm short on time tonight, so I'm going to try to keep this less detailed. Not my strong suit, but I'll try!
Last week you'll remember that Seth had Covid and Frank wasn't feeling great either. I think he did have Covid, because he lost his sense of taste for a while. However, he did start to improve on Saturday and was almost back to normal on Sunday. Seth improved rapidly each day and other than a little bit of congestion, he felt perfectly well by Sunday.
I did a lot of work on the dollhouse on Friday evening (October 2nd) and Saturday (October 3rd), and a little bit on Monday October 4th, but I haven't had a chance to work on it since then. I finished the dormer windows and installed them and I also removed the door from its frame (so I could paint it), got it painted, then put it back together and installed it. Frank helped me glue the dormers to the dollhouse which was very helpful! I did the rest of it myself. Here are photos of all the work I did this week:
We spent most of the weekend (Saturday October 3rd and Sunday October 4th) watching General Conference. It was great!! I took minimal notes; just tried to listen for some answers to a particular question I've been pondering. I did some coloring while listening, and finished a color by number, but I forgot to take a photo of it. I planned crock pot meals for both days so that I wouldn't have to prepare dinner during conference sessions. On Sunday, besides watching conference, we watched Music & the Spoken Word, I watched part of the World Report (in between sessions), and we talked to Jared.
I didn't have a really great week for sleeping. I didn't go to bed particularly early and I kept waking up really early. On Monday I woke up at 3:30, on Tuesday at 2:30, on Wednesday at 4:00, and on Thursday at 4:00. Today I woke up at 6:00--really slept in! 😅Every day I exercised and got chores done.
On Monday October 5th, I did 4 hours of mission work as usual. One of the records I attached to an individual in the family tree that day added information so that he went from not being able to have any of his temple ordinances done to being able to have most of them done. That felt really amazing!! We had family night and for activity played Amazing Labyrinth--Seth won. Then he went to his YSA FHE. I read Ordinary Grace until bedtime. It's a pretty good book.
Since I woke up so early on Tuesday October 6th, I decided to just do my mission work first. I got four hours done by 7:30 am! After that, I exercised and showered. I've been watching the newest season of Call the Midwife while jogging, but I finished the season that day. It's such a good show; I really enjoy it. I hear that there will be another season, but not for a while. Instead, they are going to do a "prequel" series. Since Tuesday, I have been watching the movie Wicked while exercising. (I didn't see it when it was in theaters). I'm enjoying it too.
I planned meals for next week and I was texting with Rachelle quite a bit because she sent me a bunch of new recipes and I had some questions about some of them. I'm so thankful to have some new recipes! Then I worked on Record Hints a little more and had my weekly district devotional. After that, I called and talked to Mom for a while; it was great to talk to her! Immediately after I finished talking to her, Tanner called me, so I talked to him for a while too. After dinner, I cleaned the bathrooms while listening to Follow Him podcast. Then I prepared an agenda for the next day's RS Activities Committee Meeting. Seth worked from 2:00 to 8:30 and Frank did his usual temple shift after work, so I was on my own all afternoon and most of the evening. The disability parking placard Frank had expired at the end of September, so he had to go back to parking about a quarter of a mile away from his office this week. After two days of that (Monday and Tuesday), his gout started flaring up in his foot again, so he called the doctor this morning and was able to get an appointment for this afternoon. The doctor said that once you have gout, it can flare up at any time for the rest of your life, so he gave Frank the paperwork to fill out to get a permanent disability placard. He also told him to take Alleve every day to help with the inflamation.
Wednesday October 7th was pretty chilly in the morning, and the house felt kind of cold all day. Frank turned on the heater that night, but the heat hasn't come on yet. Yesterday was warmer than Wednesday, so even though it was only in the 40s this morning, the temperature stayed pretty comfortable indoors. Both Wednesday and today warmed up nicely as the day went on.
I had an appointment for my annual echocardiogram that morning at 7:45. I exercised before my appointment, but didn't eat breakfast until after I got home. Seth had to be at work at 7:30, so we were both out the door pretty early. After I got home from my echo, I did misison work for about an hour and then had my weekly one on one with the team lead. After that, I had a RS Activities Committee Meeting. The meeting went well, but it also ran pretty long, and I forgot I had a mission team meeting that afternoon. I remembered when I got to my car to go home and saw the reminder on my phone "meeting starts in 6 minutes". I was more than 6 minutes away from home, so I was a little bit late for the meeting, but I didn't miss too much. After the team meeting ended, I thought I should start making dinner, but when I checked the recipe for what I'd planned, I realized that it was supposed to go in the crock pot--whoops!! Instead, Frank and I went to get groceries (I would have gone Thursday morning) so that I would have all the ingredients for what I'd planned to make on Thursday night and we made that instead. (And I made Wednesday's planned dinner on Thursday).
After dinner, I tried to update our payment method for our Turbo Tax account (the credit card we'd been using had expired); I thought it would be simple, but I got caught in an eternal loop where it wouldn't let me delete the old credit card until I changed the payment method for the product we get every year, but it also wouldn't let me change the payment method. After several attempts, I decided I wasn't going to be able to solve the problem, so I called customer service and ended up on the phone for an hour while the customer service person tried to do the same thing and ran into the same problem. She finally gave up and said she'd have to put in a request for IT help, so now we have a case number and supposedly someone is going to research the problem and call us back. By the time I got through all that mess, it was time for bed.
On Thursday, October 8th, I took a friend to a doctor appointment in the morning. After I got back, I finished chores and put food in the crock pot for dinner. By then I was dragging, so I took a one hour nap. Frank came home at lunch time; he had some remote meetings in the afternoon. Seth worked 11:30 - 8:00. It was a beautiful day--sunny, breezy, perfect temperature. After dinner, Frank and I ran some errands--went to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription for him, to the auto store to get new windshield wipers for his car, traded cars with Seth so we could take my car to put gas in it, and went to Costco to get a few things we needed.
Today (Friday October 9th), I went to the temple; it was really lovely.
I updated finances this afternoon and then started this blog post, but didn't finish before we left to go to a game night with friends. I played a game called Wingspan with the two other women who were there (the men played something different--actually, they played three different games while we played our one game, which was much longer). It was kind of complicated and I had a hard time understanding and / or remembering all the rules, but in the end I had accumulated the most points, so I won the game. Beginner's luck, I guess! In spite of the complicated rules, I enjoyed it and wouldn't mind playing again (plus I think it will get easier to remember the rules every time).
I just saw an email from the VITA director letting all of us know that one of the volunteers that I worked with a lot just passed away. He was in a bicycle accident while on vacation with his wife. I am sad! He was a great person, and a lot of fun to work with. I will really miss him.
Sorry to end on that sad note, but that's all I have to report this week.




















No comments:
Post a Comment