You know how it usually is when you go fill your car with gas? If you watch the numbers on the pump, the numbers in the "sale" columns climb speedily while the numbers in the "gallons" column seem to be going at a snail's pace?
Well, I had this cool experience on Saturday. One of the grocery stores around here (Giant Eagle--I haven't seen this chain in any other states I've been to lately) has this promotion where you can earn discounts on gas (at their stations) whenever you shop at their store. I shop there a lot because it is near the boys' school and seems to have pretty good prices, but for some reason I have never got around to redeeming my discounts.
On Saturday I needed to fill up, so when I drove by one of their gas stations, I pulled in. I scanned my grocery card, and it said I had discounts of $2.69 accumulated and asked if I wanted to redeem them. Of course I did! Well, it turns out that that discount was per gallon, and the current price of gas was $2.59 per gallon, so I had the unique and pleasurable experience of watching the numbers in the "gallons" column go up while the numbers in the "sale" column stayed at zero! I got $55 worth of gas for $0!!! It was awesome!
I think I will be getting gas there from now on....
Pew Year in Review 2025
9 months ago

2 comments:
That is sweet!!!
Wow!! That is so cool!
Post a Comment