Saturday, February 13, 2010

The "Blizzard of 2010--Part 2" Photos

A brave male cardinal, toughing it out during the storm:

And here's the female, although she's a lot harder to see:

I took this photo through the kitchen window (sorry the screen is in the way). The snow is really accumulating on our patio table!

Remember that the boys shoveled a lot of the snow from the first part of the storm off the deck? Well, it's covered again!

Our front yard (and a few buried cars), looking from the front porch.
(The day after the storm ended.)

Another front yard shot (lots of snow per square foot!)

Large icicles on our neighbor's roof:


Our house:

Buried tree near the neighbors' front porch:



The telephone boxes are covered:

Snow drifts from the plows (actually smaller than they were previously because some of them melted and the road hasn't been plowed again yet):



The Monocacy River. behind our house:

That's a recycle bin, barely visible! All that snow is just from this storm. The recycle truck and the trash trucks didn't come this week, by the way. The mail only made it a couple of days, also.

The river again, and buried trees:

Another river shot:

Trees half buried in the back yard:

The river again:

Notice our next door neighbor's fence in the bottom left corner of the phots. It's about as tall as I am!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow! I just can't believe all that snow! Adorable "old" photo of Seth. I hope that you are having fun in Primary, Annette!