I'll start out with some photos I forgot to post last week. First, here is Snickers with his nice new hair cut:
Now for the weather report. Today it is "misting". It is wet, cold and miserable. It rained on Wednesday but the temperatures were in the mid 40's, so it felt a bit balmy and after the sun came out if was actually quite nice--until the sun went down and the temperatures dropped. The rest of the week has been cold gray winter. The huge storm we were supposed to get did not really materialize. We did get some freezing rain Monday night and it was a bit icy Tuesday morning, but everyone was still surprised when Frederick County cancelled school that day. What was that about? The kids were thrilled, of course, but I found that day rather trying. I had a lot of work to do and the boys weren't too happy about helping with that. They also weren't happy that I made them do some scouts and some Duty to God stuff, but I am a mean mom so I made them do it anyway. We got a lot done, but it took most of the day and I was exhausted from all the contention! Seth got ahold of the camera and took this blurry photo of Scott playing games (after the work got done):
I think even the kids were glad when normal life resumed on Wednesday and they were able to go to school, basketball practice, and YM. I had a presidency meeting that evening while they were at YM. Frank had work to do, so Seth came with me.
Scott started a new class on Wednesday--he transferred out of his AP Environmental Science class because he found out he was supposed to take Chemistry first, which he hasn't taken. He wanted to take Physics instead, but the counselor insisted that he take Chemistry and he is not happy about it. It's not going to be a fun semester. He can be very stubborn when he doesn't get what he wants. We are already struggling to get him caught up on the things he missed before he transferred into the class. He thinks there is no way that he can pass the class, which is not a very good attitude to have going into it.
Tanner and Jared went to spend the night with Ryan and Bryson last night, so it was just Seth, Scott and I after school. I took this picture of Scott holding Snickers because I thought it was so cute:
Since we were up pretty late, we slept in this morning. It's been a bit of a stressful day (mostly because of chemistry) but we are hoping to relax and have some fun together as a family this evening. I have a baptism to attend in a few minutes, so we are waiting until I get back.
The rest of this week was the usual busy stuff. Frank had a lot of work to do. I also did a whole lot of cleaning and organizing on the main level and although I wore myself out a bit, the house does look a lot better. It's amazing how little time it takes for the house to get messy and unorganized! But for now, it looks great, and I breath a deep sigh of satisfaction every time I look around. (But don't ask me to go down to the basement!)
We feel very blessed and we are glad that it is February!

3 comments:
I hope Scott has a better experience with chemistry than Janna did. It is never good when they start out not even wanting to take it!! I was wondering if you got hit with the storm or not.
Taran did not take Chemistry and I didn't make him since I hated it myself. Good luck with that whole thing! Too bad they didn't tell him last year!
I thought Scott and Collette had a thing--FB...
Good times and I loved the sunrise photos!
Collette and Scott are good friends..although I sometimes wonder if there is more there...but Collette and the other boy, Neil, have been dating since August.
Post a Comment