Since I so often whine about the weather, I thought I'd start off my post this week by saying we had absolutely beautiful weather nearly all week. Cool in the mornings, highs in the 70's, and lots and lots of sunshine! We've had a very wet spring, so it was particularly nice to see the sun so much this week. Yesterday and today we are back to cloudy with rain, and it looks like we are going to have at least some rain every day this coming week. But at least we had the chance this last week to soak up lots of sunshine!
Right now I am sitting in a very quiet house, although that's not going to last for long. Our stake had a fathers and sons campout this weekend, and Frank took all four boys to that last night. They are on their way home now, so in about 15 minutes chaos is going to descend on this very quiet and uncluttered house! I am ready to have them all back, though. I enjoyed the quiet, but I missed all of them, too! I didn't sit around all by myself all night, though. I invited some friends to have a girls' night out. We met at a restaurant for dinner first, and then we came back to my house to watch a "chick flick". It was only a small group, but it was a lot of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed all the "girl talk." The movie we decied to watch was called The Lake House. My friends had seen it before, but I hadn't. A time travel story of sorts, with romance thrown in. It was a good movie. My friends went home around 11:00, but one of them left a couple more movies with me that I haven't seen yet, and since I wasn't feeling very tired I watched one of those before I went to sleep. (Charly--and even though I read the book years ago, I was surprised at how much it made me cry!) So I was up very late (or should I say very early?) and then I didn't sleep in much so it was a short night. A nap might be in order later! (Although I probably won't get a chance--it's going to be a busy day.)
Speaking of busy--that's what this week was. I like being busy (up to a point), though. It feels good to get to the end of the day and know that I got a lot accomplished. I had a lot of Primary issues to handle and a lot of shopping to do. I took Scott and Tanner shopping to get them some shorts on Tuesday. We found a few, but still need to get a few more. I finished planning Seth's birthday party and did all the shopping for that on Thursday. I am also helping give a baby shower this afternoon (for one of my counselors) and one of my jobs was to get the prizes for the games, so shopped for those, too, as well as a baby gift for my friend. I did a little bit of preliminary scouting for birthday presents for Seth, and of course had the usual grocery shopping to do. My grocery list was longer than usual this week, so all in all I spent a lot of time at various stores. I wanted to do some shoe shopping for myself as well, but just ran out of time to do that. (My sandals are falling apart and my loafers have a hole in them.)
Besides shopping, I took Snickers to the vet on Tuesday--he was due for a vaccine--and Jared had his annual check up on Thursday. Poor Jared was due for a lot of boosters, so he ended up getting 4 shots. He got his DPT booster, chicken pox booster, a shot for meningitis, and his first Hepatitis A shot. (He has to go back in 6 months for the 2nd one.)
There was a RS meeting Wednesday evening. Frank ended up working really late that night, so I took Seth with me, but there was a nursery provided so that worked out great. At the meeting we talked about a book by Gerald Lund called "Learning to Hear the Voice of the Lord" (or something like that...) It was very uplifting, and as always I felt strengthened by just being with and talking to other women. While I was at RS, the older three boys were making pizza with the YM.
Scott had an extra busy week--he helped do the sound for a couple of different events at the school on both Tuesday and Thursday. He didn't get home until nearly 10:00 on Thursday; he didn't even come home in between school and the concert. His hard work paid off, though--he got paid yesterday for all the jobs he's been doing, and it was a pretty sizable amount.
Yesterday Frank and I went over to the annual Greek festival to get some gyros for lunch--yum! I was busy in the afternoon making spinach dip and chocolate mint brownies for the baby shower this afternoon.
Besides the baby shower this afternoon, I will be making cookies for the Primary teachers--we are doing teacher appreciation for the next couple of weeks. Frank is going to go help cook for a wedding reception for the rest of the day. By the way, his toe is still very sore, but he is doing much better. He was able to work all week, and thankfully he had plenty of work to do.
I'll end this week with a kind of funny incident that happened with Seth. I had him with me at the grocery store one day this week, and while I was checking out, he was playing with some toy cars in a display in the check out lane. When I finished checking out, I turned to him and discovered that he had sorted all the cars by color into the different boxes in the display! That child definitely has my genes!!!!
I hope all the moms had a nice Mother's Day. I got to take a nap and I didn't have to cook--doesn't get much better than that! In spite of his wounded toe, Frank hobbled around and not only made dinner, but also made a couple of strawberry turnovers for all of us to share. What a great husband!
Pew Year in Review 2025
9 months ago

1 comment:
glad you had a good Mother's Day you deserve it for all the amazing things you do for your family! glad you had a fun girl's night out! our father/son camp out is this Friday--good times!
Post a Comment