Friday, March 6, 2015

Weekly Review March 6 '15

Here we go again...a week that is all about winter weather.  And it's March.  

On Sunday we had freezing rain in the afternoon, so our ward had only sacrament meeting and the stake choir practice got cancelled.  School was cancelled on Monday too because the roads were still icy.  Then yesterday (Thursday) we got another snow storm...about 10 inches again.  So there was no school yesterday or today either.  We are now 3 days over our limit on snow days, which means they will take 2 days off of spring break and add one day on at the end of the year.  Tanner and Seth got some sledding in today, though:



It is beautiful, too.  But I am ready for it all to melt away and for the grass to turn green again!

They cancel everything around here when it snows, but miraculously the oral surgeon's office did not close yesterday so Jared did have all four wisdom teeth out and his two lower back molars exposed.  So far he is doing pretty well.  He does want the pain medication as often as he can have it, but he's not complaining at all.  He's been able to eat soft foods and his face doesn't look swollen.  I spent most of yesterday watching the snow come down and making sure Jared took his medications at the right time (he has 3 different kinds...one for swelling, an antibiotic, and the pain killer) and that he had food and lots of liquids, and that he had ice on his face.  I read a lot of the book for book chat too, which is The Count of Monte Cristo (really good).

I had a bit of an adventure getting Jared home from the oral surgeon yesterday.  By the time we headed home, there were several inches of snow in the unplowed parking lot.  I've only been there one other time, so I'm not familiar with that particular parking lot and with all the snow I got disoriented and tried to exit the lot through the entrance.  I was just realizing I was in the wrong lane and needed to move over when a snow plow turned into the lot, coming right at us so I tried to move quickly to my right and discovered that there was a median buried under all that snow!  My front wheels thumped right over it, but my back wheels got stuck and there we were, straddling the median.  The snow plow kept going and disappeared...I couldn't believe they didn't stop to help us!  So I was trying to figure out a way to get unstuck while Jared, meanwhile, was still pretty out of it and kept saying crazy things.  Thankfully we were only stuck for a few minutes before another car turned into the lot and this man stopped to help.  He had a cord that he tied to the front of our car and with him pulling and me giving it a little bit of gas, we were able to get the back wheels over the median and I was able to get on my way.  The roads were very slippery, but the rest of the trip home was uneventful, thank goodness.  The car does not appear to be damaged at all from it's bumpy trip over the median and so other than feeling really dumb about it, everything turned out fine.

Last week end I didn't get much done because I came down with a case of the stomach flu.  I got up Saturday morning and had breakfast, but shortly after that I started feeling sick.  I spent the rest of the day in bed...if I even moved around a little too much it would make me get sick.  Not much fun!  We were supposed to have the Elders over for dinner, so Frank ended up taking them to Wendy's for dinner.  By evening I was able to keep down a little liquid and Sunday I was able to start eating small amounts of bland food.  But I still had a head ache, my stomach hurt, and I was totally exhausted, so I got one of my counselors to go to ward council for me that morning.  I didn't go to church either but since we only had sacrament meeting, I didn't miss as much as I would have.

This was a pretty busy week.  I had my monthly meeting with the bishop on Tuesday evening.  I took Snickers to the vet for his annual check up on Wednesday and today he went to the groomer's.  I took all three boys to get haircuts on Wednesday.  Jared and I had choir practice that night too because our ward choir is singing for stake conference.  Tanner worked on Wednesday and he works again tomorrow.  Frank was swamped with work...he had a big project at work that he was finishing up so he would do more work from home every evening after he got home from work.  Then on Wednesday he went in at 5:30 am and didn't get home until about 12:45 am on Thursday!  He did get the project done, though.  I went to lunch with a group of women from my ward today...we were celebrating a birthday for one of them.  Tonight we went to the temple because our stake was having a special meeting at the temple for stake conference.  We went down early enough that we had time to do some sealings before the meeting.  I actually recently submitted a few family names to the temple and there was one couple that needed to be sealed, so we were able to do that one tonight...some of Frank's great grandparents.  So that was cool!    

Now I am just waiting for Tanner to get home from a party so that I can go to bed.  We got a nice letter from Scott's mission president this week.  When I saw the stake president earlier this week he said he had just received Scott's release papers in the mail.  So I guess he really is going to be coming home pretty soon.  It's hard to believe.  Everyone please pray that Frank won't have to report for jury duty that day...thanks!

1 comment:

Anna Harrison said...

Sorry about all of your snow! That stinks! And I can't believe scott will be home so soon!