Another busy week is history. I feel like I'm panting to keep up sometimes. (Ok, most of the time.) This week was a bit less stressful, though, since I wasn't trying to prepare a lesson or figure out visiting teaching changes. Glad to have those things behind me...at least for another month (VT changes) or three (lesson preparation). I didn't get the VT changes figured out on Friday as I had hoped, but on Saturday Frank took all the boys to see the new Avengers movie so I finally got some quiet time to figure all of those out.
Meanwhile, on Friday Jared had prom. He had a fun time. Remember how I said last week that the camera SD card got full when Tanner and I were at the temple on Thursday? Well, Frank gave me a new card to put in before taking Jared to prom but after taking only a couple of pictures, THAT card was full too! So I didn't get very many pictures of prom, unfortunately--a few of some of the other kids in his group, and only one of Jared and his date. Jared has a lot on his facebook page from some of the others in his group, but I can't seem to download those...I guess he'll have to do that. So maybe next week I'll have more. But here is the one that I did get:
I thought his date's dress was very pretty, although you can't see it very well in this particular photo.
After dropping Jared off, I went to Girls' Night. We met at a restaurant for dinner and then went to someone's house to watch a movie. It was a lot of fun! One of my good friends who moved away several years ago was in town visiting so she came too and it was great to see her again and get caught up. She was called to be RS president in her ward (in California) a few months ago so when I gave her a ride to the movie, she and I talked about that...she wanted advice! Which was funny to me because when she lived here, she was RS president for a year and I was one of her counselors. It was good to share our thoughts with each other, though.
At home, Frank had intended to take Tanner and Seth on the Fathers / Sons camp out, but that ended up not working out because Frank had a project at work that was rolling out that evening / night / early morning so he had to be on call. He wasn't too happy about it, but that's the way it goes sometimes.
I got up Saturday morning and went to get my hair done. The rest of the day was super busy with lots of different things that needed to be done. After I got the VT changes figured out, I went to the church to print up the new assignment slips. Then I went to a few stores looking for some ideas for Jared's Eagle project, and then I went to Kohls because I had $30 of Kohls cash to spend, which expired that day. This was all while the boys were at the movie.
Sunday was the usual meeting business. My lesson went pretty well, I think. This week for RS I had a food order Monday morning, a visit Monday evening, a meeting with the bishop Tuesday evening, a presidency meeting Wednesday morning, a visit Thursday morning, and today I dropped off the food order with a sister who is going to pick it up tomorrow (the family who needs it doesn't have transportation). I probably did some other things, but I can't remember now. Oh yes! I followed up on a sister who had some surgery this week (fairly minor, although they have to do a biopsy now so I hope that comes out negative) and did a little bit to help a family who was moving. (They are staying in our ward boundaries, as a matter of fact they moved really close to where we live.)
I had book chat on Tuesday. I also took Seth to get his hair cut that afternoon. Tanner was not scheduled to work at all this week, but they did call him in yesterday so he got a few hours. They called him on Wednesday too but that was while I was at my meeting, so he didn't have a car. He goes to YSA FHE and Institute every week so I feel like we are waiting up for him a lot. Jared is finally home sometimes (now that the plays are done) but he still keeps pretty busy...he did lights and sound for a show last night. The rest of the week I've been keeping up with the housework and such, trying to get Seth to practice the piano, trying to find time to exercise (somewhat successful), nagging at Jared to work on his Eagle project, and planning Seth's birthday party.
I decided to rent the pavilion at the park near our house or the party. When I went & looked at it, I realized it was big enough that we could set up some games in there (on tables and on the floor) and still have plenty of room for food. So we could have the whole party in the pavilion and hopefully minimize other kids at the park wandering in! Plus, we'll be under a roof if it happens to rain that day. So I reserved the pavilion on Monday and so far I've been doing a lot of research on what supplies are available and what they cost so I can decide for sure what we'll do. I try to keep parties simple, but they always get a lot more involved than I intend at the outset. I will freely admit that is my own fault...although I am not much of an entertainer and we rarely have parties, I totally LOVE planning parties! So I just can't help myself!! But I'm trying to really reign myself in on this one because a carnival theme has way too many possibilities and I could easily spend a small fortune!
The weather on Monday was absolutely perfect. Temperatures in the 80's, sunny, low humidity, and nice breeze. I was walking down the street in downtown Frederick next to a park and the breeze was blowing all these pink blossoms off the trees so pink blossoms were raining down everywhere...heavenly! Frank had the great idea that we should have our dinner at the park, and since I'd planned to have sub sandwiches, chips, and fruit for dinner one night this week, we switched things around and had the sub sandwiches that night. It was fun and so pretty outside.
Since then, the humidity has gone up so it isn't quite as pleasant but it's still warm, which I'm enjoying. But the last few days I think allergies are starting to hit me. I had a bad headache on Wednesday evening and today my head is hurting again. I've been taking allergy meds, too. Frank wasn't feeling well yesterday and he took a day off but he's back at work today.
The boys get out of school 2 hours early today so they will be home soon! That wraps it up for this week.
Pew Year in Review 2025
9 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment