Here's the update for this week!
Friday: That night we had the Sisters over for dinner. Frank wasn’t feeling really great, so he stayed downstairs in his office to eat. They
shared a great message about prayer with us which was cool because I had been
thinking a lot about prayer that week.
Saturday: I did the usual Saturday chores and I finished up
the Personal Property tax return for the business too. Frank and I went shopping
at WalMart for a few things that I forgot to get earlier in the week, plus he
sent some money to his parents. It is their 50th Wedding
Anniversary this week end! They had decided to go on a little trip to celebrate
so we sent them some money to help pay for their trip as our gift for them.
That evening I went to the dress rehearsal for the Easter concert.
Sunday: I did some indexing. (I’m trying to do some indexing
every Sunday.) Of course we went to church as usual! That evening was the He Is
Risen Easter fireside / concert. Besides the stake choir that I sang in, the
Frederick Chorale came and sang 4 songs and there were a few solos and a youth
ensemble (from the stake also). All of the music was really great! I think the
youth ensemble was really impressive and the Frederick Chorale is amazing. One member of our stake played the trumpet for one of the soloist numbers. It was all
beautiful and very uplifting. It was really exciting to perform our songs
finally after all that practicing and I think they all went really well. I
hadn’t expected Frank and Seth to come, but when I asked Seth if he wanted to
come hear me sing, he said “of course!”. I warned him that it would be
long—over an hour—but he still wanted to come and overall Frank said he behaved
really well and Seth said afterwards that he liked all the music. There was
refreshments afterwards too and they were really good, so that was a bonus!
Monday: This day was quite busy with all the usual chores,
plus I worked at the school library at Seth’s school for a couple of hours that
afternoon. Actually, no kids came in at all the whole time I was there (it’s
never very busy but I usually get a few kids) but there was a note in the
volunteer binder asking us if we had time to go through shelves and make sure
the books were in order. Other volunteers had already gone through most of the
shelves, but there was one wall of shelves that still needed to be done, so I
got it done. That was rather tedious work, but I did come across several books
that I thought Seth would like, so I was taking notes the whole time! After I
picked Seth up from school, I took the sister missionaries shopping. It had come
up in ward council that they didn’t have much food and when Frank asked them
point blank if they had food, they admitted that they had hardly anything left.
So he told them that I would take them shopping for food on Monday, so I did
and they were very grateful. One of them is a convert and the only member in
her family and the other one comes from a less active family so neither one of
them has much support from home.
Tuesday: Frank worked from home; he’s still not feeling great.
He thinks it’s the medicine he’s taking that is probably making him feel that
way. I had a super busy day. Besides all the usual stuff, I also weeded the
back flower bed and mowed the lawn. I had den meeting that evening. For den
meeting we all went on a hike at Fountain Rock Nature Center. The Bears and the
Wolves both need to do a 1 mile hike, so we got that done. They also had to
look for six signs of animals living in the area near where we hiked. We saw
squirrels, rabbits, birds, an ant hill, found a few other bugs, and also fed
the geese and fish. Some of the boys saw an owl too. It was really easy to hike
a mile and the boys had fun being outside and running around. We got home a
little late, but no one seemed to mind. Blurry hike photos:
(looking for bugs under a log)
(Still looking for bugs!)
Guess what else we did on Tuesday? Frank and I booked a cruise!! Yes, we are actually going to go on a cruise, after
talking about it for a long time. We’re doing this to celebrate our 25th
wedding anniversary which is next Sunday (although we’re not going on the
cruise until late May). Frank's parents have agreed to come stay with Seth
when we go. We are going on a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas. We've always talked about going to Hawaii for our 25th anniversary, but we decided Frank isn't up to that right now. A cruise seemed like a better option since he won't have to do a ton of walking (unless he wants to). I’m excited to go
although trying not to be apprehensive about leaving Seth for almost a week. I
mean, I know he’ll be fine but we’ve just never done anything like this before.
I’m grateful we can go, though. It should be fun!!
Wednesday: I can’t remember much about Wednesday although
I’m sure we were busy all day, as usual. Frank worked from home again and he did
a lot of stuff for clients too. I worked on some vacation planning…we’re trying
to figure out where we are going when this summer, so that we can get plane
tickets purchased and hotels reserved and so forth. There is also a lot to
figure out for the cruise, since we’ve never done anything like that before. So
I spent quite a bit of time on Wednesday and again yesterday working on all
that stuff, and there is still a lot to do. I will be glad when we get all the
details worked out.
Thursday: It was a really productive day; I woke up earlier
than I usually do so I got a lot more done early on. It always feels great when
I do that and I wonder why I don’t do that more often. (Getting plenty of sleep
feels great too, though!) Seth’s class had a little art show that day. Remember
how he was working on a project about the Spanish artist, Diego Velazquez?
Everyone in the class did a project on either an artist or an artistic
time period so on Thursday they had all of their projects set up and invited
the parents and some of the other classes to come in to see their projects.
Each of them had prepared a little presentation and we could just go around the
room and have them present their projects to us. They also had food for the
adults. I visited Seth’s project first, of course, and then I went around and
saw several of the others. One little boy cracked me up because he had a small
poster on the wall with facts about Van Gogh. After he went over it with me, he
covered the poster up with a paper that said “no peeking” and said “Now for the
pop quiz!” I had to answer five questions about Van Gogh. I totally wasn’t
expecting that, but guess what? I got all five of the answers correct! He said
I was the first person to do that. I feel so smart. J
Seth presenting his project to some other students
Seth with his project
On Thursday evening I had book chat, where we discussed the
book Rebecca. As always, it was very interesting and fun. We are reading Doctor
Zhivago next, but won’t be meeting until the first week of June because the
book is kind of long and there were conflicts with at least one person’s
schedule on all the other days we talked about trying to meet.
Today is the first day of Spring Break for Seth. He gets all
next week off, too. So of course he’s been watching television and playing
video games all day so far. I’ll try to take him to the park and a few other
places during break so he doesn’t turn into a complete couch potato!! Frank went into work this morning but came home a little while ago to work from home the rest of the day--he's trying to avoid the holiday traffic.
That's everything for this week except that we hope you all have a very happy and beautiful Easter!






No comments:
Post a Comment