This week's post will be a lot shorter than last week's, never fear! I'm going to do categories again, but there are fewer categories and less to talk about in each category than last week.
Jared: He started his new job this week and he has worked every day. The first day he only worked 4 hours, but he worked 8 hours each day on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and he is working 6 hours today and 4 hours tomorrow. He is learning how to do everything and so far he seems to like his job, although he is tired at the end of the day. He gets off work at 4:00 most days which is fairly convenient since I have to pick Seth up around 3:30. I pick up Seth and then we go directly to Chick fil a to pick up Jared. The morning drop off time (usually 8:00) is less convenient, but we are making it work. It looks pretty likely that he will be going to BYU-I for the winter semester. He has been cleared to register for classes and we are looking for a place for him to live. Our stake president told him he should go ahead and register for classes because he has not heard back anything yet about when Jared can return to his mission. It is going to be kind of crazy getting him ready to go to school at such short notice, but I think we will figure it all out. Jared went to Institute this week and he gave a talk in the YSA ward on Sunday. He is going with us to the temple tonight.
Weather: We have mostly had really nice weather the last couple of weeks It gets pretty frosty int he mornings but daytime temperatures have been in the 50s and even 60s most days. It has also been sunny almost every day. Wednesday was particularly nice. We got a sprinkle of rain last night and it was a bit cooler but today is still sunny and fairly mild. I guess that is supposed to end midweek, but we are enjoying the nicer weather while it lasts. At least I am--Frank, of course, would prefer a couple of feet of snow! It feels colder to Jared because he is used to much warmer temperatures. Rexburg in January is going to be a big shock for him!!
Christmas Preparations: I've been trying to get all the shopping done, which has been greatly hindered by not getting a list from most of the people I am shopping for. So I didn't make as much progress as I would have liked, but I am getting there. I got our Christmas letter written and will be sending out cards next week sometime hopefully.
Cub Scouts: Last night we had Pack Meeting. Seth got awards for finishing 3 adventures, plus he also got his Religious Knot. For the meeting, we went to a local Christmas event--The Frederick Scents and Sweets Competition. It's a display of wreaths and gingerbread houses made my both professionals and amateurs. There are prizes in each category, and in addition to awards from the judges, there is also a "people's choice" award in each category. That means we all got to vote for our favorites, which was kind of fun but also hard because in some categories there was more than one entry that I wanted to vote for. One of our neighbors entered a gingerbread house in the "professional" category (she decorates cakes and such professionally) and her daughter (who plays with Seth, she's a little younger than him) entered a gingerbread house in the children's category. Our neighbor won first place in the professional category and her daughter won the people's choice award in the children's category. Here are their entries:
Here are some of the other entries:
This one won first place in the teen category
This one won first place in the children's group category.
This one won first place in the children's category. I don't think it won for its quality of work, but instead for its creativity and cleverness. The different buildings represent famous Frederick landmarks, with names that are a play on the real name--like "Wafer Park" for "Baker Park" and "Hershey Barracks" for "Hessian Barracks" and "Taffy Recreation Center" for "Talley Recreation Center."
This one was in the children's category and I wish it had won something because it represents the true meaning of Christmas.
The rest of the photos are different entries in the amateur category, with the final one being the one that won first place in the category:
Here are some of the wreaths:
And here is Seth getting his awards:
Other stuff I did this week: I had choir practice and self reliance group meetings as usual on Sunday. Only two more weeks and I will be done with the self reliance group! I am looking forward to my Sundays being a bit less busy. I worked at the school library on Monday morning. As usual, it wasn't very busy but I re-shelved a lot of books and I changed all the displays so that there were Christmas, Hanukkah, and winter themed books instead of Thanksgiving and fall themed books. I set up appointments so that Jared can get his teeth cleaned and his retainer replaced while he is home. I FINALLY got Seth's prescription filled so that he is focused again. I went to PT on Tuesday, where she did a re-evaluation because I don't feel like it's helping me much. I went to the weekly religion class on Wednesday as usual. I also went to a baby shower that evening, which was really fun. I cleaned my desk and I also cleaned the stove, both of which really needed it! I also kept crocheting, as usual. That's it, besides all the usual house cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, etc plus extra chauffeuring, since Jared is home. We did add him to our insurance so he can drive himself places now, but I usually need my car so he can't take it very often.
Frank: He is keeping as busy as usual. He had an EQ presidency meeting last night besides all the usual work for both Marriott and for his business. He's having fun playing with his 3-D printer, too.
That's all there is to say this week. I told you it would be shorter! :)
Pew Year in Review 2025
9 months ago


















No comments:
Post a Comment