I've been in touch with almost everybody this week so I don't think I have a lot to say but I thought I'd do a brief post, just for my personal history's sake.
So when I left off last time, it was Saturday evening. I forgot to mention that our ward was supposed to have an Easter egg hunt / activity that morning and Seth was not happy about missing it, but then they had to cancel it because it wasn't very warm and the location for the hunt was very muddy. That was actually the second time they had to cancel because the original date for the activity was Saturday March 24th, and that ended up being the Saturday after we had the snowstorm, so there was still snow on the ground and it was very cold. This time they decided not to re-schedule the activity. Instead, they put the candy from the eggs into bags for each of the kids and gave them to the parents on Sunday.
Speaking of the weather--it has mostly been cool / cold with some rain this whole week. Last Friday was fairly nice but a few days ago we were wearing coats. Then yesterday a warm front came in and it was quite warm (70s). Today it is pretty hot (high 80s). It's supposed to cool back down to the 60s on Sunday and then go back to the 50s for the next couple of days after that. This has definitely been a crazy spring! I'm not sure if it is ever going to get warm and stay warm. I hear it snowed in Utah today. Crazy!!
Sunday: Frank's parents headed back home that morning. It was mostly a normal Sunday with choir practice and church. However, Frank did not get released--surprise! They decided not to release the current EQ presidents until they had called the new ones (makes sense). It's Friday afternoon and we haven't received any summons to meet with the stake president, so we are thinking Frank is not going to be re-called as the new EQ president (unless they haven't made up their mind yet). It will be interesting to see what happens this Sunday. After church a new family who just moved into the ward invited us and a couple of other families to come over for dinner. We came home and made most of the things we had planned to make for dinner and took them over with us to share with everyone. All the food was yummy and we enjoyed visiting and getting to know this family better.
Monday: This was a pretty busy day because besides the usual things I also got some things ready for the next day's den meeting and I finished the personal property tax return for the business and filed it. I picked up my friend's kids from school and they were here for a little while after school too (until their dad picked them up on his way home from work).
Tuesday: There was no school on Tuesday which seems pretty random but it was because the last day of the 3rd term was on Monday. It's hard to believe that we are already in the last term for this school year! Where did the year go? Having a day off worked out well for us because Seth needed to make up the swimming lesson that he missed on Saturday (when we were in Philadelphia) and he does much better in the morning because his medication hasn't worn off. It was going to be difficult to do a make up session on a Saturday (after his normal lesson) because we had things planned for two of the next Saturdays already. Instead, I was able to schedule his make up lesson for Tuesday in the late morning. Other than that, it was a regular Tuesday with the normal chores and den meetings that evening. My boys worked on their soap carvings and they each finished one.
Wednesday: I didn't wake up as early as I usually do so I ended up switching things around a bit. I did Walmart shopping after the religion class so that I would have time to exercise and shower before the class. Besides doing that in the morning, I also got some other chores done like dusting and making a doctor and a vet appointment (both of which I have had to change since they were for next week). The class was nice and it was our last lesson in the "Eternal Family" institute course. Next we are going to study the book of Revelation for a while before starting a new course. I also went over our income taxes so that they will be ready to file that day and I picked up my friend's kids from school again. My visiting teachers came to see me that night and it was shortly before they left that I got the text message from Amy about Dad being in acute renal failure. (I received the earlier messages and knew he was at the hospital already, so of course I was already worried.) Anyway, I stayed up pretty late waiting for updates on Dad and then once I did lie down it took me a long time to go to sleep. I only slept about an hour before I woke back up and was awake for a couple of hours. I did get a couple of hours of sleep before Scott called us shortly before 6:00 am (our time). By the time I went to bed I was pretty sure he wasn't going to make it (probably why I had trouble going to sleep and didn't sleep very soundly) but things did progress much quicker than I thought they would. I'm really grateful Scott called and that someone (Erick maybe?) had the idea to do Facetime so that I could talk to Dad one more time. Plus, it was comforting to see many of you there. I am really grateful that both Scott and Tanner could be there since I couldn't. When we were awake between 1:00 and 3:30ish, Frank was looking at plane tickets and offering to get me on a plane by 6:00 am, but that didn't feel right to me. (I'm glad I didn't do that because I would have missed the chance to talk to Dad and I would not have gotten there in time anyway.) Although I was sad through this whole thing, of course, I did feel very calm and at peace. I just knew it was Heavenly Father's will for him to come home. It felt right to me and it was fairly easy for me to accept that, even though I was sad.
Thursday: Seth was okay going to school. When I was talking to Dad on Facetime, Frank woke him up to let him know what was going on and he came in and sat beside me for a few minutes. When I asked him if he wanted to say anything, he hopped up and quickly said "tell him I'll miss him" and then fled from the room. After I got off of Facetime, I went to find Seth and he was in his bed crying. I crawled in with him for a while and he cried for a while and then he was okay. He perked up and wanted to go to school. I figured he would be happier there anyway, with a normal routine instead of staying at home where we were pretty busy communicating with everyone about arrangements. Both Frank and I were very tired (as I know all of you were) but even though I did lie down for a while in the late afternoon, I wasn't able to sleep. I did sleep pretty well last night, though. Anyway, we did get the basic stuff done (like laundry) but that's about it. I took my friend's kids to school and Frank picked them all up that afternoon. Frank worked from home and stayed near me all day, which I appreciated.
Friday: Today I don't feel like I have accomplished much. I took my friend's kids to school again and picked them all up after school. Their dad came to get them a little while ago. Seth is currently outside playing with some of the kids in the neighborhood--enjoying the warmer weather! I woke up later again so only had time to exercise before taking Seth to school and had to shower after I got back. Frank had set up a lunch date for us with another couple in the ward earlier this week so we went to lunch. I also had to go to the vet's to pick up more food for Snickers since we'll be out soon. I haven't even started on the budget yet--that's what I'll be doing next. These last couple of days have been rough, but it has been nice to talk to so many of you, and I am looking forward to seeing so many of you soon. The silver lining in the cloud! I am grateful for my family and I love all of you so much!
Pew Year in Review 2025
9 months ago

1 comment:
Yes, we will see you soon! And what a life we have to celebrate this coming week! I'm sorry you couldn't be here for his passing, but I am thankful for technology and that you still got to say good bye.
Post a Comment