Today is the last day of school here. I am so glad!! Honestly, I think I look forward to the end of the school year more than Seth does. I will start this week's post with the promised photos from last week. Here are photos from Pack Meeting:
And here are a couple of photos of the new carpet in the downstairs bedroom (office):
This week has been fairly busy. Here is what we did:
Saturday (9th): Swimming lessons (of course) in the morning for Seth. This was also the first day that my new self reliance group met. I convinced Frank to come to it, too! I'm glad Frank came because two of the members of the group ended up being an hour late (partially due to traffic) so it would have been just one girl and the other facilitator and I for the first hour if he hadn't come. Because this group is focused on finding a job, it is recommended that we do an accelerated course where we meet several hours at the beginning to get through all 10 chapters in the book, so that they can learn all the job seeking skills quickly and start using them right away. There are several options for doing this; our group chose to meet for 5 hours the first 2 weeks. So on Saturday we met from noon to 5:00, and we got through the first 5 chapters of the book. We will meet for 5 hours again tomorrow, but after that we will meet for only about an hour for the remaining 10 weeks. (To learn a foundational principle of self reliance and to review / practice skills.) Obviously, it was kind of a long day but I was really impressed with the materials and the job seeking skills that were being taught. If I were looking for a job, I would definitely use those skills--I can tell that they will work!! I think Frank was glad he went, too. I'm sure he will be using those skills in his job hunt. That's mostly all I got done on Saturday. Jared helped me clean the kitchen floor after we got home. He didn't have to work so he stayed home with Seth while we were gone (he spent the morning at Jessie's house).
Sunday (10th): I can never remember much about Sundays. Jared went to Jessie's house for dinner after church. I spent the morning reading scriptures and doing indexing, as usual. Jared and I both went to choir. It was a relaxing day and I always appreciate that!
Monday (11th): It was mostly a normal Monday with the regular chores and preparing for Tuesday's den meeting. I kept very busy doing all of that. Frank helped me with shopping and he also picked Seth up from school, took him to the library to renew an overdue book, and later he took Seth to his swimming lesson. (He had a make up lesson for the one he missed a few Saturdays ago.) Jared had to work that evening, so we did most of family night on Sunday but we got some donuts for a treat and played a game that evening. (Jared worked every day from 6:00 to 2:00 at Chick fil a, but he also worked at the Frederick Keys every evening except for Wednesday. He doesn't have to work tomorrow at all.)
Tuesday (12th): Again, the day time was a normal Tuesday--I just did the usual chores. In the evening I had den meeting and Cub Committee meeting, and Frank met with the bishop (his monthly meeting). For den meeting, we had an outdoor activity which included setting up a tent and making s'mores (except we had to make the s'mores in the microwave in the church kitchen, since we can't build a campfire in the church parking lot!)
At dinner time, Seth complained that he had a bad headache and afterwards he got a blanket and curled up on the couch--not normal behavior! I wondered if he was getting sick. When I got home from my meetings he was still complaining of a head ache and feeling cold so I took his temperature and it was 100! He was super sad that he had to miss school the next day because he missed some book report presentations by some of his class mates. (Not sure why he was so excited about that--go figure!) I was more concerned that he was coming down with something that would keep him out of school for the rest of the week and I knew he'd be really unhappy if he missed the last day of school. Plus, I knew he still needed to finish his book report!
Wednesday (13th): Seth still had a headache and a slight fever so I kept him home from school and he rested. I did the normal chores and went to my religion class, as usual. It was nice that Frank could stay with Seth. We kept Seth home from 11 year old scouts that evening as well but by then he was feeling a lot better and his temperature was back to normal. I had book chat that evening, which I always really enjoy. We discussed the book 7 Women and the Secrets of their Greatness, and now we are reading The Phantom of the Opera. Frank started moving his office into the downstairs bedroom, with the help of Jared. That is going to be a process to get it all done, but I'm glad he has started! Right now the downstairs is a disaster but once he gets rid of a lot of stuff and moves everything else over, it is going to be really nice, I think.
Here's how his office looks right now:
Here's the area outside his office, which currently is stuffed full of things that either need to go into the office, or need to get thrown away. He claims he is going to throw most of it away. I hope so!!:
More computers, and a few other things that are not office related. They are things that need to go in the closet (located behind the door you can see in the picture on the left) but, as you can see, the door is currently blocked so I can't put those things away yet.
Here is all the other stuff that is still in the old office area. Frank says a lot of this is going to be thrown away too. I sincerely hope so!:
Hopefully someday soon, this area will have a desk for me and a table for my sewing machine, plus storage for all my craft stuff.
Here is the new light Frank got for his office:
Thursday (14th): Seth was able to go back to school and he seems fine now. He finished his book report and will be doing his presentation today. I did the usual chores, which included shopping at Walmart. Frank came with me to help and he also picked out a light for his office, which we installed when we got home. I went to lunch with my friend Rebekah. We were going to go to a Korean BBQ place but when we got there we discovered that it had gone out of business so we went to another restaurant instead (which turned out to be a BBQ place also, just not a Korean one). Frank was contacted by a company that morning and they set up a phone interview for that afternoon. They are considering him for multiple positions so we'll see what happens there. He felt like the interview went well. Seth's teacher asked if I would be willing to clean and organize one of the sets of classroom materials over the summer, so when I picked him up from school we brought that home with us too. (It's a material called pin maps, and Seth really likes to work with them so I think he will enjoy helping me organize it.) Frank and I went on a walk before dinner and it turned out to be longer than I anticipated. My feet hurt a lot afterwards because I wore sandals instead of good walking shoes. It was nice to be outside, though, because it was a sunny, warm, breezy day. We've had so many cloudy days lately that I really enjoy the sunny ones when they come along. That evening Frank did some work for some clients. When he got back, I took Seth to Walmart because he needed to get something for school today (it would have been nice to know that when I was at Walmart earlier in the day!) We read a lot that evening too.
Friday (15th): I took Jared to work this morning because Frank is going to be gone most of the day and I need a car for a few things. Frank is doing work for two different clients today, which includes making a trip down to one of the locations which is a few hours away. I haven't been terribly productive yet today but after I finish this post I will get the budget caught up. Hopefully I will finish that before I have to go pick up Seth from school (they get out two hours early today). His class had a breakfast this morning and they also wore their pajamas.
I feel like I've been pretty lazy this week. I didn't have a lot of free time, but I feel like I didn't use the free time I had very productively. I did make a list, though, of all the different projects and other things that need to be done so when I have some free time I will look at the list and work on something! I also worked on creating records for Cub Scout day camp this week. I have continued to exercise daily and I also practice the ukulele most days. Frank is back to exercising every day too (he took a break when he wasn't feeling well last week.) Frank is still working on his resume and he is trying to contact at least a few places every day. I think he is feeling a little bit better (not quite so down) but he still worries a lot more than I do. So please keep him in your prayers.
I've enjoyed all the emails going back and forth this week about the reunion, and we are really looking forward to seeing all of you next month!!
Happy Summer!!!
Pew Year in Review 2025
9 months ago













No comments:
Post a Comment