Saturday, July 27, 2019

Weekly Review July 26 '19

This week wasn't as busy as last week and I have been grateful for a bit of down time. We still managed to do quite a bit, though, with family activities and such. Here's the details:

Monday (22nd): This was a quiet day where I caught up on laundry and took care of a few other things that needed to be done. Other than that, I just enjoyed doing some puzzles and watching some shows as well as spending time with Mom.

Tuesday: We all went to the temple. Seth did baptisms with some of his cousins while Mom & I did initiatories. The temple was really busy and we had to wait about an hour for our turn, but it was really nice to be there. We ended up finishing at the same time that the kids did, too, so that was perfect. After coming home to change, I took Seth to meet some of his cousins at the movie theater where they watched the new Lion King movie. Meanwhile, Shellie came to Mom's house while her kids were at the movie so we got to visit with her, which was nice.

Wednesday: The day was pretty quiet and I enjoyed down time. In the evening, all the Utah locals came to Mom's house for a Pioneer Day celebration / farewell party for Daniel (he's moving to North Carolina). We had lots of yummy food, including home made ice cream. And of course there was a lot of visiting, which was fun. We were up pretty late!


Thursday: I got laundry done, did some birthday shopping, and went shopping with Darlee's mom to get some groceries for Tanner & Darlee (so they would have some food in their apartment when they got back from their honeymoon.)

Friday: Amy, Ammon, Mom, Seth and I went on a day trip to Antelope Island (on the Great Salt Lake). It was raining a little bit when we left but it didn't rain long and the day was quite pleasant because it was mostly a little overcast and cooler. We started at the visitor's center, where we learned about local animals, geography, and so forth. Then we drove around the island where we saw some bison (although most of them were pretty far away) and a lot of pretty views of the lake. At the end of the road was a historic ranch, which Seth and I explored a bit (everyone else was tired and stayed in the car). Then we drove to a place with beach access and walked down to the lake. By then the sun had come out and it was hotter, and the walk to the lake was quite long. I could tell I was getting sunburned but we had left the sunscreen in the car. I didn't stay at the lake long; I mostly just put one of my hands in the water. There were a lot of bugs and even though they were tiny and didn't bite or anything like that, Seth was really bothered by them and kind of freaked out and wanted to leave, so I went with him. I was pretty hot & tired by the time we got back up to the parking area and I was happy to sit on a picnic bench in a shaded pavilion! Seth was hot & tired and wanted a cold drink and I thought that was a good idea too but I left my purse in Amy's car and Amy had the key. After she and Mom got back up to the parking area, I got a soda for Seth and root beer floats for Mom and for me. They were really good! After that, we headed back home. We were tired, but we had a good time.





Seth acquired this stuffed bison at the gift shop.




Trying to lasso a "cow"--Grandpa could have done it, I bet!


 The ranch house:











The closest bison--and he had his back to us!


Seth was actually really unhappy when I took this photo. The sun was in his eyes and he wanted to get away from the bugs!:


A view of the long walk to the lake:






After we got back from our trip to Antelope Island, we went to visit Lee & Dianne at their new place. It was great to visit with them and the assisted living center where they are living is really nice.

Today: This morning we had a girls get together--we went to Waffle Love for breakfast. (I forgot to take pictures!) We also found out this morning that a family friend, Ken Chase, had passed away and when we checked to see when his funeral would be held, we discovered that it was today--in about an hour!! So we came back to Mom's to change really quick and then we went to the funeral. We were in the same ward with the Chase family for many years and Ken Chase was our home teacher for several years. He visited us every month and shared an uplifting message. He brought us gifts for our birthdays and sometimes brought our family homemade donuts or other treats. He always showed an interest in us and our activities. He was just a perfect example of ministering! I will never forget him, and I am really glad that I just happened to be in town so I could go to his funeral. The funeral was beautiful, and we got to see a lot of old friends from our ward, so that was wonderful too. After the funeral, Mom and I needed to do some shopping at a couple of places. Then we went to pick up Seth (who had stayed at Amy's house to play games with Ammon) and we visited with Amy for quite a while. Then we had to stop at the grocery store to get some milk and since it was Macey's, we got ice cream cones too. We didn't get home until after 6:00, so we were pretty tired by then. We didn't plan to be gone all day, but that's how it turned out!

Frank is keeping busy at home, mostly with work and taking care of Snickers. Snickers started eating dog food again but he still won't eat treats. He's had a few accidents in the house the last few days, which is a bit of a concern and one night he had to go out 4 times during the night (poor Frank)! But last night he slept through the night. Overall he is a lot better so hopefully he will keep improving.

That's all I've got for this week!

No comments: