Friday, May 24, 2024

Weekly Review May 24 '24

 This week was fairly busy too. On Friday evening, Frank and I went to Lowe's to look at some options for the deck repairs that we're going to have done and while we were there we also looked at some ideas for a small retaining wall because we want to build one in front of our flower bed in the front yard. Not sure if we will have the time or funds to do that this summer, though. 

On Saturday I did a lot more cleaning in the kitchen. I continued to work on the kitchen in bits all week. I'm still not done with it, but I'm getting close. Most of the other rooms in the house won't take that long, thankfully. (Although the basement is going to be the most difficult!) On Saturday I also started working on another project...making digital copies of all our home movies. We discovered we were missing a cable we needed, so Frank made the drive down to a computer store to get me the cable. I worked on those throughout the week and got all the copies made by Wednesday. I mostly let them run while I did other things, but I often got distracted when checking on them and would watch for a while! So many fun memories...I'm really glad we preserved some of our family history this way. 

I had choir practice Sunday morning and we sang in Sacrament Meeting...it went really well. Frank was really tired that afternoon so he didn't go to his self reliance class. Jared came over for dinner and to play games but Jessie wasn't feeling well so she didn't come. (She is better now.) While we were talking with Jared, he told us they were having a yard sale this weekend so I offered to let him take the box of "give away" items I had accumulated while cleaning in the kitchen the previous few days. We also had a large bag of clothes I've been meaning to donate. He was happy to take anything we had to add to their yard sale, and it saved me the time of taking them somewhere to donate, so it was a "win-win". We played Clue that night and I got really lucky and figured out two of the three answers on my first two turns, so it was a short game! ๐Ÿ˜†

Seth didn't have to go to school on Monday...it was a "virtual learning day" for his high school. That's because the Seniors were graduating that day and most of the staff were involved with the graduation ceremony. He just had to log in to Schoology to see what assignments his teachers posted for him to do, but neither of them posted anything so it was basically a day off for him. (The same thing happened last year, I remember.) 

On Wednesday after dinner Frank and Seth went with me to do the grocery shopping and then we took Seth to his YM activity and stopped to pick up some prescriptions on our way home. Frank went to bed and I went to pick up Seth from the activity. 

I had book club on Thursday evening...that's always a lot of fun. (I did finish the book...Things Fall Apart...early this week.) We talked later than usual, so I got to bed kind of late. (For me, "late" is anytime after 8:00.) It's nice to have the option of staying up a bit later without giving up a decent night's sleep, although as I mentioned last week--I really want to stay on a schedule closer to Frank's which means early to bed, early to rise. Anyway, back to book club...we are going to read a book called Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir next. 

The rest of the week I was busy with the projects I already mentioned, plus all the regular chores. I also listened to podcasts quite a bit. I'm listening to some Church history podcasts and the Follow Him podcast from the year they did Doctrine & Covenants...trying to prepare a bit for when we study the Doctrine & Covenants in Seminary, starting in January. I also helped Seth apply for a couple of jobs, helped him get  a couple of his on the road driving lessons scheduled, and Frank & I ordered presents for Seth's birthday next week. His entire wish list is Lego sets and Halo megablocks sets, and we wanted to get him something besides that, so we spent quite a bit of time talking about / thinking about that and looking around to get some ideas. We did finally come up with a few things that we think he will like. (And he is getting a nice Halo set from his wish list too.) 

This morning I went to the temple. It was sunny and beautiful, which has been so nice after all the cloudy skies, rain, and cooler weather we've been having. I've been listening to an audio book about the fathers of the prophets which is really interesting and I enjoyed listening to that on the drive to the temple and back. I'm always grateful for a chance to go to the temple!

Before:


After:



This week was the last week for Seminary students to hand in makeup work and this morning I had to "lock" our class records for the semester. Of course, a few of the youth waited until the last minute to do their makeup work, so last night and this morning I had a lot of text messages about that. One of our boys who has really bad asthma and therefore missed a whole lot of days sent us 35 days worth of makeup work last night! We're glad he got it done, though. ๐Ÿ˜‡

Seth has been doing better with schoolwork. He had another test in math today and he got 90% which helped bring his grade up a bit. We gave him back his screen time today, so he's happy about that. He only has two weeks of school left, so he just needs to keep it up for a few more weeks. 

I haven't said much about Frank so I'll mention that he is busy as usual with work and doing work for his business. He is so great to help me with projects and things that I need when he is home, too! 

That's all the news I can think of for this week.

No comments: