I just remembered something I forgot to mention in my last post. On Tuesday I taught a Seminary lesson about the priesthood. As part of the lesson, I showed the class Frank's priesthood line of authority. Later, my team teacher told me that she had noticed the last name of the man who ordained Frank's dad because she was pretty sure one of her sisters in law had the same last name, Dahle. After checking with her sister in law, it turns out that the man who ordained Frank's dad--James Keith Dahle--is her sister in law's father. What a small world! Her sister in law's name is Noel. Frank doesn't remember Noel specifically even though they both grew up in the Hendersonville Ward together because she is probably about 7 years younger than him, but he does remember her dad, who served as his bishop when the ward met in Brevard (I think he said they met in the American Legion building) and later was his YM president after the church building in Hendersonville was built. What a fun coincidence!
While I'm recording things that I forgot previously, I want to share a text message that a member of our ward sent to Frank and I to share with Seth about a month ago:
Thank you for passing the sacrament to me today. I noticed that at first you were holding the tray at your waist, which is pretty high compared to me when seated.
You noticed how high it was too and you lowered your arm to make it easier for me to take the sacrament. This simple act of lowering the tray made me think of the following:
1. I don't mind reaching up to meet the Lord and renew my covenants with Him. However, as a priesthood holder and good person, you helped me reach Him a little easier. Thank you for that.
2. I also had the thought that as you noticed it was a bit high for me to reach...you noticed me. You were thinking about what you were doing in the moment, you thought about someone else and how you could help that person. I know this may sound a bit overblown for literally just lowering a tray for someone, but this simple action brought a warm feeling to me to know there are youth who are willing to serve and to meet others where they are at...even if they are actually 2 feet lower than you.
Thanks for your service, keep up the good job.
-Brother Nate Rector
I loved the thoughts this brother shared and love even more that he took the time to share them with Seth. Awesome!!

No comments:
Post a Comment