Friday, October 17, 2025

Weekly Review October 17 '25

 I think this will be another short post. We did mostly the regular things this week--not a lot of extra things going on. 

Last Friday evening there was a RS activity, but I somehow forgot all about it until 30 minutes before it was supposed to start (I had been remembering earlier that day). By the time I remembered, it was too late to go because I hadn't made dinner yet and I had already planned to spend the evening going on a walk with Frank and watching some of our show that we've been watching together. I was kind of sad to miss the activity, but I really wanted to spend that time with Frank so I don't regret it.

On Saturday I went to lunch with my friend Rebekah and then watched Aunt Amy's funeral. I thought the funeral was beautiful and will always be grateful to have known such an amazing woman. I started listening to the BYU / Arizona game that evening but I was getting pretty tired and when the weather delay happened, I gave up and went to sleep. I was really glad I made that choice when I found out next morning that the game was delayed for over an hour and then went into 2 overtimes! I mean, I'm sure it was an exciting nail-biter kind of game, but I was very glad I didn't stay up super late and I was perfectly content to read about the game and to watch the highlights. Glad that BYU won the game in the end.  

Sunday was busy as usual with Church meetings; I also had choir practice that morning. My ward choir just started learning one of the new hymns (Look Unto Christ) with an arrangement that what written by Hans. I love this hymn, so I am really excited to sing it and it's extra special to sing an arrangement done by my brother. One funny moment in practice...one verse has the words "fear not" repeated a number of times. The men were working on their parts for that verse, and when the director asked if they were getting it, one of the men said "I fear not". 😂 I finished up Seminary lesson prep that day and tried to take a nap but couldn't sleep for some reason. 

That's actually been the theme of this week, unfortunately...not enough sleep. I've been really good about going to bed on time, but I keep waking up hours before I need to. I even did that on both Saturday and Sunday mornings. If you remember correctly, I was having the same problem for a lot of last week too so it's been a rough couple of weeks where sleep is concerned. I did take an hour and a half nap on Monday morning, but every other day I have been too busy or haven't been able to sleep when I try to lie down. I did a little better yesterday morning and last night (alarm woke me up this morning) so hopefully I'm working my way out of this bad sleep cycle for a while.

We were happy on Tuesday to watch the Church press conference and learn about the new First Presidency. They are great men and we (and the world) are in good hands!

Wednesday I met with my friend who is homeless to help her fill out an application for a place that just became available. I also took her to the store to get a few things she needed (she just needed a ride there and back). Between that and communicating with her daughter to get a few more pieces of information for the application, it took up a lot of my day, but I did get the application turned in that afternoon. The other thing that took a lot of my time was that both Tanner and Scott called. I'm always happy to talk to them, of course! The end result was that I didn't get any Seminary lesson prep done that day, though. Yesterday was busy too so I didn't get a lot done but I do have a basic outline for Monday's lesson complete. I will be doing a lot of lesson prep this weekend, which I try to avoid, but I know people are more important than my "to do" list and I know the lessons will get done somehow. Oh, I also had book chat on Wednesday evening, which is another reason I didn't get any Seminary lesson prep done. I always enjoy book chat, too! We had kind of a small group this time, but it was still enjoyable. I finished reading the book (Brideshead Revisited) on Monday--didn't like it a whole lot, because I didn't really like any of the characters. It was interesting to talk about it and find out that none of the other women in my book group liked the book / characters either! Now we are going to read a book called Where the Lost Wander by Amy Harmon.

There's no school today so no Seminary this morning. Instead, Tammy (my Seminary team teacher) and I went with a group of youth from our ward / Seminary class to the temple to do baptisms. Our friend Michelle (who has two kids in our class) came too and so did the Elders serving in our ward. That's because one of the youth from our Seminary class is a new member (baptized in August) and this was his first trip to the temple. It was really sweet to go with this group of youth! Tammy and I were asked to be witnesses for a lot of the baptisms, which I enjoyed. Two of the boys in our class (including the new member) are priests so they were able to baptize some of the other youth and they both did a beautiful job, even though it was the first time either of them had done that. Really glad I got to be there for that! 




I rode to the temple in the same car with Tammy, so on the way down and back we did Seminary planning and got most of the rest of this semester planned out. We're going to meet on Sunday to finish that up.

Frank has not yet been able to connect with the physical therapist to set up his first appointment, but hopefully he will do that soon. He was having trouble earlier this week with one of his feet itching a lot, but that seems to have subsided now. He didn't go to the temple on Tuesday evening because he felt like his shoulder needed a break. He had Monday off work (Columbus Day). He had a class on Wednesday for work, so he had to go in that day so he worked from home yesterday instead. This morning one of his clients had an IT issue, so he had to drive down to Waldorf, Maryland to take care of that. He left really early, so he was back to Frederick in time to start working. 

I got up early this morning so I was able to exercise and update the budget before I left for the temple. I should have some time to get some work done on Seminary lessons now. Well, maybe a nap first!😊

Here's a few more photos from this week, to finish up:


A picture I finished coloring on Saturday (above)

On Monday we played Bananagrams for family night activity. We were down to the end (Frank had been eliminated) and Seth only had one letter left to place but I had a whole bunch, including a Q, a J, and two Zs. I noticed I had the letters to spell "I Quit", so I did that and took a photo...we were all laughing about it!:


After Seth won the game, Frank helped me a bit and we actually managed to place all of my remaining letters except for the J:


And finally, one of the girls in my Seminary class brought me some home made cookies yesterday as a "thank you" for filling out her Seminary teacher recommendation for her BYU application. I thought that was sweet of her! I only had one left when I thought to take a photo:

No comments: