We didn't have a lot going on this week, so this post will probably be on the short side.
Saturday was Valentine's Day. Frank and I went out to breakfast to celebrate, as planned. We went to Cracker Barrel and after eating I browsed throught the store, as I usually do. They always have lots of cute S&P shakers, which I enjoy looking at. Here are photos of some that I really liked:
After we got back from breakfast, I was busy the rest of the day planning my two Seminary lessons for this week and working on our tax return. The tax return is basically finished; I'm just giving it a little more time to make sure I haven't missed anything. After working on that stuff for most of the day, I wanted to do something fun so stayed up way too late watching a movie, but I enjoyed it.
On Sunday morning before church I read scriptures and listened to the Follow Him podcast. After church, I talked to Jared while Frank went on a ministering visit. After dinner, I had a teacher training meeting for Seminary which was really good.
I got to sleep in on Monday because it was President's Day and there was no school, so no Seminary. I still got up at 6:00, but that's sleeping in for me! Frank did have work (he got up at 3:30 as usual) and Seth had classes too. I made Power Points for my 2 Seminary lessons and also made cookies for my Seminary class--I promised to bring a treat for anyone who read Abraham 1 by Tuesday morning (one of the required readings and we were covering that chapter in Tuesday's lesson). We had family night in the late afternoon. That evening, Frank and I went to dinner with another couple in our ward. We went to a restaurant in the historic downtown district which was fun. We really enjoyed visiting with them!
Tuesday I was back to my regular routine. I taught a Seminary lesson about the Abrahamic Covenant. After Seminary, I took a 1 1/2 hour nap because I woke up a lot the night before. I didn't lie awake for hours (thankfully!) but I did wake up briefly nearly every hour. I felt a lot more rested after napping. I went over my lesson for the next day, got all the regular chores done (on Tuesdays that's cleaning bathrooms and planning the next week's meals), read through one of my lessons for next week, and talked to Tanner. The temple opened again this week so Frank did his temple shift that night and didn't get home until after I was asleep. (I did sleep well every night this week other than Monday night, which I am very grateful for!)
On Wednesday morning I taught a lesson about Patriarchal Blessings. Then I did my usual VITA shift. Well, actually it wasn't usual becuase I stayed until nearly 3:00 pm, instead of 1:00 pm. That's because I ended up starting a return around 12:30 that took a lot of time. It wasn't super complicated, but there was one piece of it that entailed tracking down several pieces of information that were hard to find. I did finally find everything I needed and completed the return. The taxpayer was very nice and super grateful! I really enjoy all the people I work with at VITA. We joke around a lot but we also help each other and it is a lot of fun! On Wednesday evening I had book chat. Once a year, every February, we have fondue for our snack at book chat. One of the ladies in our group is a gourmet cook and she makes both chocolate and cheese fondue and they are so good! The rest of us bring different items to dip. We always have a variety of fruits and vegetables as well as pretzels, bread, pound cake, shortbread cookies, and keilbasa. I always bring the keilbasa! We discussed Flowers for Algernon and now we are reading a book called The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey. I haven't actually started reading it yet because I haven't had much reading time and I am still reading Hillbilly Elegy.
Thursday was busy with grocery shopping, vacuuming, and laundry as well as planning my two Seminary lessons for next week. I read the second one on Wednesday after I got home from VITA, but other than reading them, that is all I had a chance to get done until Thursday.
Today I went to the temple. My friend Rebekah was off work today so she came with me to the temple and then we stopped for lunch on the way home. We were on "R", so we went to Red Robin. It was nice to be in the temple again although I struggled a little bit with feeling sleepy.
I spent the rest of the day updating the finances and I also watched an episode of Once Upon a Time with Frank while we ate dinner.
We did have some warmer days this week and we also had a lot of rain. It rained on Sunday, Thursday, and today. You can see in the photo above that some snow has melted. I took a couple of photos on Tuesday to document the fact that a lot of snow had melted. In our front yard, there was only a tiny patch left:
This morning when I got up to exercise it was raining hard and then I heard this really loud noise. I thought "What was THAT?" and then I realized it was thunder! Haven't heard that sound in quite a while! The river has been frozen for the last few weeks but after the last few days of rain, it is running again (and a lot higher), with lots of ice chunks on top. I thought we had seen the last of the snow for this winter, but now we have a winter storm predicted for this weekend that could bring up to 5 inches of snow. If the timing of the storm occurs as predicted and we really do get that many inches of snow, then it is very doubtful that we will have Seminary on Monday morning. But I guess we'll see how it goes. This weekend is our Stake Conference and I'm hoping the predicted snow doesn't cause problems for that.
The only other thing I have to report is that Frank's shoulder has started bothering him again the last few weeks and is quite painful at times. He is going to have to go back to the doctor to see what to do about it now. Maybe just another cortisone shot, maybe some physical therapy, hopefully not surgery.









No comments:
Post a Comment