I just came in from my evening rendevous with the fireflies--they are finally starting to appear! There are not a lot of them this year, but enough to bring me some joy. ๐There was a deer grazing out in the common area too.
Before I tell about this week, I forgot to mention one thing last week. On Tuesday (June 9th) during his temple shift, Frank was getting trained on being the attendant for an own endowment. It turns out the young man receiving his own endowment was one of the boys from my Seminary class, Caleb! He is leaving on a mission at the beginning of July. Even though I was at the temple that evening, I didn't see him at all (not too surprising; the men and women don't mingle much) and didn't know Caleb was there to receive his own endowment until we got home and Frank told me about it. I wish I had been able to see Caleb, but I am really happy that Frank got to be one of the workers who helped him. Sweet tender mercy!
This week I have been sleeping MUCH better, and that has been really nice--I am grateful! Last Friday (June 12th) after I wrote, we went to dinner with another couple in our ward. We really enjoyed visiting with them and the food was good--we went to a Chinese restaurant. On the way home, we saw this random rainbow (it hadn't been raining):
We also had a nice sunset with a bonus deer (and maybe 2 fireflies!)
Saturday June 13th: I slept until 7:00, which was awesome. I spent the day reading scriptures, playing a few games, and I also sanded & painted some dollhouse pieces. Frank worked on a lot of stuff for his stake calling. We had the Elders over for dinner. Seth missed that, because he worked from 5:00 to 9:00. After dinner, Frank and I ran some errands. He needed to get a microphone set up at the church for someone who needed it the next day and I needed to return something to the Seminary closet, so we did that first. Then we went to Lowe's to get more paint for the dollhouse because I was running low on both the white and the light gray paint. (I bought sample sizes because I knew I wouldn't need a lot, but it turns out I need more than I thought I would.) After we got home, I cleaned the kitchen floor, practiced ukulele, and finished reading volume 1 of Emma M. Lion. (I returned it to my friend on Sunday and she gave me the next two volumes, but I haven't started reading them yet.)
Sunday June 14th: Frank had a busy day because he had two stake meetings in the morning (High Council and Stake Council) starting at 8:00 am down in Washington, DC. I had a nice quiet morning reading scriptures. I had to be at church a little early for a brief choir practice because we were singing in Sacrament meeting that day. Seth came with us to church because his friend Henry was speaking before leaving on his mission. (He's going to San Bernardino, CA). He started home MTC last week and entered the Provo MTC this Tuesday. Frank and Seth also went to the YSA meetings, but I came home after our meetings and talked to Jared. After Frank and Seth got home, we had dinner and FHE. Seth went to mission prep class.
Monday June 15th: Frank had a migraine Sunday evening / overnight, so he took the day off work to recover. Seth had surgery that morning; I took him to that. We had to be there at 8:00 am and his surgery was scheduled for 9:00 am. They got him back to start preparing him shortly after we arrived at 8:00 and took him into surgery by 8:30. He was done right before 9:00 am, and everything went well. It took him a while to wake up, but we were home by shortly after 10:00 am. I was laughing at Seth in recovery because he was a little bit loopy! Amazingly, he has had very little pain--hasn't needed to take any of the pain medication they prescribed for him. (He didn't use any after his previous surgery either, but it was less invasive than this one. Because we still have the pain medication from his previous surgery and the surgeon prescribed the same two medications, I didn't pick those up. She did prescribe a third pain medication which I did pick up, but then we didn't need any of them again. I'm not complaining about that, though!) Seth had this whole week off work to recover, so he's had a pretty chill week. He did mow the lawn this afternoon--since he's been doing so well all week, we thought he could handle that!
After I got home from Seth's surgery, I got all the chores done and ran some errands. Besides picking up Seth's prescription, I also filled my car with gas and bought groceries. I took a nap in the afternoon, did some reading, and went on a short walk with Frank. The temperature was in the 70s and the humidity was low, so it was perfect weather to be outside!
Tuesday June 16th: I had a phone call with the local service mission coordinator to help me with my service mission application, and we were able to solve the problem and I was able to get my application submitted again.
Besides that, I painted some dollhouse pieces (2nd coat of the porch posts), got regular chores done, did some reading, and researched some possible road trip destinations. I think we've decided to go to Mesa Verde, the four corners, and Monument Valley while we are in Utah this summer.
I thought I would be spending a lot of time taking care of Seth this week, but he's been fine so I haven't had to do much for him.
Frank was gone all day, since he had work and then his temple shift after that. I wish I could have worked at the temple that night too--since I worked the previous two Tuesdays, I kept thinking I was going to the temple that night and then I would remember that I wasn't working that day and I would feel kind of sad!
Wednesday June 17th: I woke up at 5:00 am, but that was kind of a good thing because I was taking a friend to get her blood drawn that morning and I had to leave the house by 8:30. Since I woke up so early, I had time to exercise, shower, eat breakfast, and read some scriptures before I left. (I did exercise every day this week--I don't always mention doing that, but I do that every week day, typically. I also read scriptures every day although I don't always mention doing that either!) After I took my friend to get her blood drawn, I also stopped to get her some breakfast because she had to be fasting for the blood draw. She lives in a hotel and I knew she would miss the hotel breakfast, so I didn't want her to go hungry.
After I got home, I felt sleepy, so I took a short nap before lunch. That afternoon, I glued the top floor of the dollhouse to the dollhouse body. Frank helped me with that. The major construction steps always make me so nervous! Here it is (upside down), with weights on top while the glues dries:
I did more reading that day and Frank and I went on another walk.
Thursday June 18th: I got 8 solid hours of sleep the night before: I can't remember the last time that happened! It felt amazing!! Frank asked to work from home and since he always works from home on Wednesdays and Fridays and he took a sick day on Monday, the only day he went into work this week was Tuesday. Since Seth didn't work this week either, we were all home together most of the week.
We had an appointment at 8:30 that morning to have our water meter replaced. At about 7:50, Frank noticed when he looked at his phone that the Ring camera had recorded someone knocking on the door at about 7:47. I was in the shower and Frank was in the closet getting dressed, so neither of us heard him knock. We were wondering why he showed up 45 minutes early! By the time Frank saw the notification, the guy had left, but thankfully he came back around 8:15. He said they had a lot of appointments that morning so they were trying to get an early start. It only took them a couple of minutes to change the water meter. (They are upgrading all the water meters, so everyone on our street is getting a new one.) It doesn't look all that impressive:
But the old one didn't look too impressive either. ๐
It rained a lot of the morning on Thursday and we had a couple of decent thunderstorms come through. Frank went with me to the grocery store (after the rain stopped; it was super humid and uncomfortably warm at that point). Seth called his surgeon to get a note to take to work when he returns. Besides all the usual chores, I also did some reading and painted the 2nd floor ceiling of the dollhouse. Frank and I went for a walk that evening, after it cooled down a bit. We saw a deer out in one of the fields we walked by:
After we got home, there was another deer in the common area behind the house. The deer usually stay up on the hill, but that night the deer was right behind one of my neighbor's houses:
And more fireflies, too, but they don't show up in photos very well.
Friday June 19th: Happy Juneteenth! Frank got the day off for this holiday.
This morning I went to the temple to do an endowment session. Back in April, a friend asked me to help her with some family names. I was able to do the last one today.
I got home later than usual because I stopped at the distribution center to see if they had garments my size (mostly they didn't, but they did have the new sleeveless tops available in my size so I got a couple of those to see if I like them). Then the traffic coming home was really bad--slow / stop and go for a large portion of the trip--so I didn't get home until nearly 1:30. Frank and Seth both got haircuts and arrived home shortly after I did. They brought ice cream sundaes from McDonald's--nice! After eating my sundae and lunch (in that order!) I started working on the finances, but I got so sleepy that I decided I neded to take a nap first. After an hour nap, I felt a lot better and was able to finish the budgeting. Then Frank and I made dinner and watched an episode of Once Upon a Time while we ate.
After dinner, we went on a walk. There was a nice breeze blowing and it wasn't too hot, so that was nice! After we got back from our walk, I did a little bit of touch up painting on a few interior walls of the dollhouse. Then I spent a few minutes reading scriptures before I started this blog post. I paused for a while so that we could have family prayer and scriptures; Frank was tired and he is fast asleep now. And now that I am finished writing about our week, I will be joining him in dreamland soon.





















No comments:
Post a Comment