Thursday, September 2, 2010

100 Things I Love

Just when you thought all I ever write is boring weekly reviews, I am finally finding some time to write something different! I was flipping through a notebook lately and found a list of 100 things that I love.

I'm pretty sure I made this list intending to create a scrapbook page, and never got around to doing it. Maybe someday I will actually get back to scrapbooking...but I doubt it, because blogging is so much easier! (Yes, I love the crafty creative part of scrapbooking but I just don't have the time to do that often and the photos themselves--and the stories behind them--are more important to me than creating a masterpiece.

Anyway, I digress. I decided it would be a shame to let this list go to waste just because I never have time to scrapbook, so I am going to blog it instead. I think I originally intended the list to be much shorter--say, 20 things or 50 things--but as I think I've mentioned before, I have a problem with favorites. I don't have a favorite anything because I can't narrow it down that much. I love too many things to keep it down to a list of just 20! So here you go...100 Things I Love (in no particular order). I'm sure I forgot a few hundred!

  1. historical fiction
  2. dark chocolate
  3. strawberries
  4. cashews
  5. mushrooms
  6. chewy candy (Starburst, Skittles, Hot Tamales, and esp. Jelly Beans!)
  7. seeing new places
  8. Iris flowers (all colors)
  9. pansies
  10. maps
  11. autumn
  12. fireworks
  13. Haagan Daz ice cream bars (chocolate w / dark chocolate coating is the best!)
  14. summer fruit (watermelon, cantalope, plums, apricots, cherries...)
  15. eggs (esp. scrambled...or in an omelette)
  16. breakfast food for dinner
  17. BLT sandwiches (esp. w / fresh tomatoes)
  18. bookkeeping
  19. records--esp. family history records
  20. lists (and particularly checking things off lists!)
  21. encyclopedias
  22. historical sites
  23. learning history
  24. Mexican food
  25. Chinese food
  26. romantic comedies
  27. black licorice
  28. puzzles--logic, syllacrostic, anagram squares, alphabet soup...
  29. looking at family photos
  30. learning about different cultures / regions of the USA
  31. new school supplies
  32. singing in choirs; trying different parts
  33. listening to music
  34. General Conference
  35. The Book of Mormon
  36. going to the temple
  37. the scent of Simply Basic bath products (cinnamon / vanilla)
  38. my family
  39. being a mom
  40. snuggling w/ Frank
  41. girls' nights out
  42. private jokes
  43. eyelet
  44. children's books
  45. holding tiny, sleeping babies
  46. Inside Out A'Cappella
  47. new clothes
  48. "glowing" feeling after exercising
  49. fireflies / lightning bugs
  50. organizing
  51. rainbows
  52. waterfalls
  53. clean, uncluttered spaces
  54. summer storms
  55. Subway seafood & crab sandwich
  56. warm bread (esp. with butter & strawberry freezer jam)
  57. candlelight
  58. Christmas music
  59. basking in the lights from the Christmas tree
  60. quilting
  61. embroidery
  62. cross stitch
  63. sewing
  64. musicals
  65. hot chocolate w/ marshmallows
  66. vanilla ice cream
  67. sugar cookies, especially with frosting
  68. the noise cicadas make on hot summer days
  69. hot showers
  70. blueberry cheesecake w/ shortbread crust
  71. ice cold drinks
  72. Hershey's with almonds
  73. finding a great deal
  74. people telling me I'm "tiny"
  75. old movies
  76. seashells
  77. blue / white/ yellow colors
  78. foil-wrapped packages
  79. anything shiny!
  80. seeing my boys growing up
  81. hymns
  82. Primary songs
  83. lace
  84. satin ribbon
  85. grosgain ribbon
  86. dollhouses & all things miniature
  87. postcards
  88. unique salt & pepper shakers
  89. receiving flowers
  90. Frank's thoughtfulness
  91. learning something new
  92. museums
  93. childhood memories
  94. board games
  95. reading to my kids
  96. baby clothes
  97. personal revelation
  98. newly fallen snow
  99. border prints
  100. fireplaces
I would add some nice pictures to jazz up this post except for the last several months I haven't been able to get blogger to add photos anywhere except the beginning of a post, which wouldn't be the same. (Oh, but that should go on my list of "Things I Hate". Yes, I have one of those too. It's a lot shorter than the "Things I Love" list, thankfully. But that's for another post!)
So what are some things you love? I'd really like to know!
Well, I finally wrote a post that wasn't a weekly review--check that off my list--CHECK! Now I am going to go eat some dark chocolate while poring over an encyclopedia...

3 comments:

The Cranes said...

No big surprise, I'd probably have at least 80 of those things on my list, too! You can move your photos to other parts of the page if you click on the html tab. But I agree, I don't like that about blogger.

4boyzmdmom said...

I used to be able to move the pictures...but that won't work anymore. I'll have to try the html tab!

Shellie said...

I like a lot of those things too, dark chocolate and black jelly beans....