I guess I forgot to take pictures this week; lack of sleep, no doubt!
Saturday was busy as usual. I got my hair done first thing in the morning; that took a couple of hours because I had the color done too. When I was paying for it, I heard a voice next to me say "Why can't I have hair like that? I looked up to see a woman standing next to me. "Like what?" I asked. "Like yours!" she said. I was surprised--I don't think I've ever had anyone envy my hair before. (Although it did look pretty good right then--the girl who did my hair did a good job. I haven't been able to get it to look that good since, of course.) Apparently, her hair is pretty thin and I definitely have an abundance of hair! Which is not always a blessing, but when I think about it I would much rather have too much hair than not enough, and I am grateful.
In the afternoon Frank and I went to the temple. It was very nice to be there and I'm glad we made it. The rest of the day was busy with finishing up my lesson and other preparations for Sunday. My lesson went well, I think. After church was busy with a meeting for all the kids going to Youth Conference and their parents, followed by a class presidency meeting. That evening there was an Easter concert at our stake center done by the Mormon Choir of Washington, DC. Tanner and Jared came with me to that. It was great!
The big event on Monday was Seth getting a mild concussion. He was running into the living room from the kitchen and he had a blanket spread out on the floor for a "picnic". When he got to the blanket, it slid out from under him and he fell flat on his back, hitting the back of his head really hard. He was crying pretty lustily when I ran in to pick him up (Frank and I were making banana bread), but as soon as I picked him up he stopped crying, closed his eyes, and went limp. He has done that a few times in the past (although not recently) so I was not extremely alarmed, but we did get worried when it took him a lot longer to come back around than usual and then when he did he sobbed and refused to speak to us for a half hour and then he fell asleep. We decided to call the doctor, who told us that we should take him to the ER to get checked. (Thank goodness our new insurance kicked in last week; we were without coverage for a couple of weeks.) So we did take Seth in, and after a very long wait the doctor saw him and determined that he had a mild concussion. By that time he had woken back up and was acting like himself again. We got home very late (11:00 ish) but Tanner and Scott, who had play rehearsals, got home even later than us.
Seth and I went out to stay with the lady in our ward again on Tuesday (the one who had surgery recently) but no jumping on the trampoline for Seth this time! He has to be very careful not to hit his head again for at least 2 weeks. He's supposed to avoid things that are very "mentally stimulating" too (the example they gave us was video games).
Wednesday and Thursday afternoons I had visits with girls in my YW class. Each time I brought a member of the class presidency with me to visit one of the other girls. It was fun; I enjoyed hanging out with girls for a change!
This week has also been busy with roadshow prepartions. I've been practicing the songs a lot since I'm helping with the singing. (Which meant I was doomed to have the songs running through my head for days on end; they are very catchy.) On Wednesday night we had our dress rehearsal and it was a chaotic mess, as expected, but the second time we went through the show we managed to go through without stopping with only a few glitches, so I think it is going to be fine. Actually, I think it's going to be pretty awesome! We have our first performance tonight; Jared and I have to leave in about a half hour. After the practice, the guy in our ward who is in charge of the whole show found me to tell me what a fantastic job Jared is doing running the spotlight.
We have barely seen Scott and Tanner all week--they've stayed after pretty much every day and not been home until late. They had their first performance of their play (Legally Blonde) last night, and apparently it went much better than Scott had anticipated, which is good! They have another performance tonight (they are leaving now) and two more tomorrow. Unfotunately, they didn't make it to Seminary very much this week; they were just too tired to get up after all their late nights. One of the professional lighting guys that has been helping with this play gave Tanner and Scott each a pair of work gloves because he is so impressed with how much work they've been doing and how dedicated they are to making the show turn out well.
This is short, but the rest of the week was just filled with the usual cleaning, shopping and chores (without Tanner and Scott around to help, I've been doing a lot more) and Jared and I need to leave anyway.
Until next week, then!
Pew Year in Review 2025
9 months ago

1 comment:
wow! I can some what relate with Emily's musical rehearsals these past weeks! I am so glad that Seth is alright! Thanks for reading my blog it makes me somewhat justified in posting since it is my 'family history'. have a great week!
Post a Comment