I don't have any pictures again this week because I didn't get around to buying a new SD card until yesterday, and there hasn't been anything notable to take pictures of since then. Maybe next week I'll have something interesting to record.
Until then, you are stuck with boring words. The tax guy did not call me back before their closing time on Friday, so I went online and filed an extension. He did call me Monday morning, so maybe I could have filed in time but since I already had an extension and I was busy with other things, I didn't do it that day. He was able to answer my questions and I don't think it will be hard to get it done now so I don't plan to put it off long. The good news is, he said I don't have to file a balance sheet or depreciation schedule, even though the instructions say I do. That simplifies things a lot.
Seth's illness turned out to be a lot more long term than I anticipated. He was great all day on Friday but Saturday morning he said he felt sick again and he had dry heaves all day and wouldn't eat anything. Sunday he was better again but Monday morning he woke up around 4:00 am with diarrhea and nausea. He was half asleep and disoriented, so we had a fun mess to clean up at that early hour. The rest of Monday he didn't have any problems but he still didn't eat anything so I kept him home from school Tuesday to make sure he was all better. I didn't want to send him back to school until he had at least a little bit of solid food--he went five days without eating more than a few crackers! He finally made it back to school on Wednesday, just in time for Tanner to start feeling sick. Tanner came home from school early that day. He never has thrown up, but his stomach hurts a lot and he's been really nauseated. Unfortunately, this is very bad timing since the school play opened last night (Thursday). He missed the dress rehearsal on Wednesday and the opening night last night but today he went in to school late, hoping that he would be ok because he really wants to be there for the performance tonight. He's been there over 4 hours and I haven't received a phone call yet, so hopefully that's a good sign.
Meanwhile, my stomach started feeling a little cramped yesterday and Frank feels that way today. I didn't eat much yesterday but so far I've been ok other than the cramping. Hopefully we will get this illness out of our systems soon!
Going back to last week, Jared did make it to the temple on Friday evening. Tanner worked at the school until late. Jared went to spend the night with his friend Taylor after the temple trip. Frank was up early Saturday morning and spent the day putting in a server for a client. Tanner was at the school most of the day working on sets. So just Seth and I were at home most of the day, and Seth was on the couch sick all day. I woke up with a crazy desire to clean, so spent almost all day de-cluttering and deep cleaning the kitchen. I still have a few cupboards to finish, but most of it is done and it really does look a lot better. I was SO tired and sore by the end of the day though! After Frank got home I took Tanner to get a haircut and ran some errands. Tanner and Jared both went to a stake Seminary acitivity that evening which they seemed to enjoy.
Sunday was a little crazy since we had to keep Seth home from church. Frank went to Sacrament Meeting and then we traded places so that I could go to RS. We were supposed to give Wanda (a lady I visit teach who is in a wheelchair) a ride to church and back but I asked one of my counselors to pick her up. I did take her home, though. I had choir that evening and the boys had a fireside but we got mixed up on the time so they missed it. We did have family night which is good since I don't think all five of us have been home at the same time since (except when we're sleeping).
Monday I took Jared to an orthodontist appointment, then he and Frank went to get haircuts. After that Frank took Jared back to school for the play rehearsal. He and Tanner were both gone every day after school until late (except for Tanner on Wednesday since he was sick) for rehearsals / set building. I did more cleaning on Monday--sweeping and mopping most of the floors--as well as vacuuming and laundry.
Tuesday I did a lot of stuff for RS. I also had to help Seth figure out what he is going to do for a science fair project since his form was due on Wednesday. I had a presidency meeting that evening, late. We were supposed to have it during the day but since Seth was still home from school, Frank had so much work to do that he couldn't watch him, the older two boys were at the school until late, and one of my counselors was leaving on a trip so I didn't want to expose her (or anyone else) to Seth, I had to have the meeting after Seth was in bed for the night. Crazy! It worked out though because I was able to pick Tanner and Jared up from the school on my way home from the meeting.
I spent Wednesday morning at the school working on pledge drive stuff and then got shopping done in the afternoon. After that I crashed for a while because I had a bad headache but after taking Tylenor and resting for a few hours I felt better. I made dinner and then spent the evening weeding the front flower bed. My allergies have been acting up a bit since then but the flower bed looks a lot better. The lawn needs to be mowed again but the boys haven't been home to do it and today it is supposed to rain a lot.
Yesterday I wasn't feeling great, as I mentioned, but I still had a lot to do. Tanner stayed home from school so I tried to take care of him. I did laundry, vacuumed, bought groceries, and ran back to Wal-Mart for a couple of things I had forgotten (yard waste bags and the new SD card). I had a visit at 1:00 but she forgot I was coming so we re-scheduled. After that I crashed for a while again (not sleeping, just resting). I hadn't eaten all day because I was afraid to try so I felt kind of weak. Again, after resting for a few hours (and eating a little) I felt better. I got Seth to bed and de-cluttered the cabinet under our bathroom sink.
Today I am still eating a little sparingly but I haven't gotten any worse. Frank had a bad headache this morning and as I said, his stomach is feeling a little cramped so he only went into work for a few hours. He is working here at home, though. He still has a pretty nasty cough from his illness a few weeks ago. He's had a busy and stressful week. He's been finishing up putting in two servers for two clients. Besides that, he is in the process of applying for new positions at work so that hopefully he will still have a full time job. I can't say much about that because they are being highly confidential about all the changes (even though I think only my parents and maybe occasionally a sibling reads this blog!) but maybe it's safe to say that he had a couple of interviews this week and will have at least one more next week. He was really nervous about one of the interviews, but it went really well. He decided he needs to have a suit for all these interviews (he hasn't owned a suit for many years) so he got one this week. It looks nice on him! Anyway, I have no idea when we will know for sure how this is all going to pan out. I am thankful that it is not stressing me out too much (it's a lot more stressful for Frank). I really feel like everything is going to turn out ok, one way or the other.
I updated the budget this morning and after I finish this post I am going to write to Scott. I have plans to do some more de-cluttering /cleaning this evening. Tanner and Jared will be gone late for the play (unless Tanner decides he needs to come home). I wanted to go to the temple but my stomach is feeling too "iffy" for that. Hopefully we'll make it back to the temple soon...it has been far too long! Ok, it's only been a month but it seems too long. I've been trying to go twice a month.
That's all I can think of about this week--hopefully we will be healthier next week. I have a ton of things on my calendar next week so it's going to be busy.
Pew Year in Review 2025
9 months ago

2 comments:
I'll have you know that I'm not an occasional sibling.
Well, that's good to know, Erick! Thanks for reading.
Post a Comment