I hope everyone had a happy Easter! Ours was pretty nice. On Saturday we dyed Easter eggs, in addition to all the other things we had to do. On Sunday morning, our table looked like this:
When I told Seth he needed to eat some breakfast, he looked at the table, looked at me and asked doubtfully "Candy?" That made me laugh! No, we didn't have candy for breakfast but we did have hard boiled eggs:
Here is Seth with "his" egg (we each put our name on one with wax crayon before dying it):
Easter Sunday was relaxing because we didn't have any extra meetings. Frank still wasn't very well, though, so he stayed home from church. He had a terrible cough still. (He went to the doctor Saturday morning and was diagnosed with a touch of bronchitis in addition to a sinus infection. He was treated with two prescriptions: an antibiotic and some cough syrup with Codeine. But neither one had started helping much yet at that point.)
Having Frank stay home made things a little complicated because I was singing in the choir and was supposed to sit up front for the the whole meeting (we sang three different songs). Tanner and Jared both needed to help with the sacrament. So that left Seth sitting alone until after the sacrament. I debated what to do and finally decided to let him try sitting alone (I did ask the family sitting in front of him to keep an eye on him). He certainly didn't sit perfectly still, but all in all he did pretty well...at least he didn't make a bunch of noise! I loved the songs we sang for choir and all the talks were good...it was an uplifting meeting. I love Easter!
After church we had a nice ham dinner and enjoyed relaxing. The boys' spring break continued through Wednesday. I enjoyed sleeping in a bit and not having to be on a set schedule. Other than that, it wasn't very restful, though...I still had lots to do every day and didn't get nearly as much done as I would have liked. I did have the boys work on some things for scouts and on Tuesday Frank took Tanner to get his learner's permit:
I let him drive around the church parking lot a little bit on Wednesday but that's all he's done so far. We don't want to let him out on the road until he's had a little more experience in the parking lot! He hasn't taken driver's ed yet so he has no experience behind the wheel other than that.
Monday evening we played some games (Wii sports resort) for family night and then we all watched the movie Wreck It Ralph. Except I didn't watch the whole thing because part way through it I suddenly started to feel nauseous and I ended up upstairs with a nasty case of the stomach flu. Again! That's the second time in about six weeks that I've had the stomach flu and no one else in the family has had it but me. I find that very strange. Maybe it was food poisoning, but I also had a fever that evening so that makes me think it was a bug of some kind. At any rate, after being miserable for a few hours I finally fell asleep and by morning I was weak and a little dizzy, but able to keep down liquids. I rested for most of the day Tuesday.
Wednesday was the last day of spring break. Jared went to his friend Ian's house for most of the evening. I had a presidency meeting that morning and a meeting with the bishop that evening, with Wal-Mart shopping in between, so it was a pretty busy day for me.
Thursday was busy, too. Everyone went back to school and I got a lot of things done for Relief Society. Snickers had his teeth cleaned that day...Frank dropped him off early that morning and I picked him up around noon. One of his teeth was very decayed and had to be pulled (it was practically falling out anyway). The vet also checked his ears and they don't look completely better yet so we have to continue putting drops in his ears for another 2 weeks. He's been a little "off" since yesterday--didn't start eating again until late this afternoon and yesterday he whimpered occasionally. I think the anesthesia made him feel a little nauseated and he just didn't feel quite right. He is perkier today than yesterday and seems to be getting back to normal.
Tanner and Jared both had to stay after school yesterday for play rehearsal. They are both helping with sets / lighting / sound for the upcoming play, which is Young Frankenstein. ( I am not very impressed with most of the choices their director makes.) It starts in two weeks so they are going to be very busy for the next three weeks.
Today Frank and I went to talk to one of his clients who is a CPA--we had a few questions about our tax return, plus a personal property tax return that we have to fill out for the business. We are running out of time to get those filed! He helped with most of our questions, though, so I don't think it will be too hard to finish up now. I had some errands to run today too, and took cookies to a sister I visit teach (it's her birthday) and worked on the budget and got visiting teaching changes figured out. It's been another busy day.
Frank has continued to be very busy also. He is installing a new server for a client tonight. Thankfully, he is feeling a lot better than he was although he still has trouble with his cough occasionally. It seems like Frank is working all the time; at least some of the time he is at home, at least. It is a great financial blessing but sometimes I wish he didn't have to work so hard.
We got our first letter from Scott on Saturday. I woke up with this strong feeling that I needed to send him an email that day, and I'm glad I did! I'm sure it was nice for him to hear from us on his first P-day. He sounds happy, which makes us happy. He is in a threesome (he calls it a "tripanionship") and loves his companions. They are in a district of five Elders...all five are going to his mission together. He and his two companions are the zone leaders. He leaves the MTC April 10th (this Wednesday!) and he says they will ride the train to their mission.
Speaking of Scott, I need to write him a letter now, so that wraps it up for this week!

1 comment:
I feel your pain with the stomach flu thing! We must not be very lucky! Or maybe your house curses females. ;) Oh wait, Erin never got sick so I guess we're safe that way. ;)
Post a Comment