It's already 9:30 pm and I'm just getting started on this post...it's been one of those days! So I'm going to try to be more concise and get through this quickly.
This week was not as calm as last week, and I've felt a bit of stress...mostly because deadlines are looming. Deadlines like tax returns and visiting teaching changes. We did get our personal income taxes filed but I am still struggling with the personal property tax return for the business, which is also due on the 15th. My main problem is that I have questions that I can't get the answers for. The website doesn't answer them, no one has responded to my email, and the several times I have tried calling I get a voice mail stating that they are experiencing a high volume of calls so call back later. So frustrating! So it looks like I will probably be filing for an extension, same as last year.
There were a lot of "extra" things going on this week. Tanner & Jared have been home a bit more, which has mostly been nice. They were gone most of the day on Saturday...they had two shows (not three, as I previously thought) but they were home all day Sunday. General Conference was awesome and I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite talk because I loved so many of them! Then during the week I listened to all the talks from the Priesthood session and they were all excellent too. Especially Elder Oaks's talk...wow, if everyone really understood and believed all the things that he said, we could forget all about this "why can't the women have the priesthood" nonsense!
Jared and I had choir practice Sunday evening and I got a lot of RS things done. Monday Snickers went to the vet for a teeth cleaning and to have a growth removed from his tail. He got through all of that well although he really wasn't himself that evening. He whimpered a lot and was just out of sorts, but by Tuesday morning he was his old frisky self again. Thankfully, he has not been chewing on his tail so we haven't had to put the "cone" on him.
Tanner decided a few weeks ago that he wanted to go to "Mormon" prom. Since all the school proms around here end up being pretty disgusting, there is always a regional prom held at one of the stake centers for all the Mormon kids in the area to attend if they wish. Tanner and a few friends have been talking about going together but he hasn't had time to do much about it. Finally on Monday he had time, so he made some cupcakes:
After they were ready, I drove him over to his prospective date's house so he could leave the cupcakes on her doorstep. She brought him the "yes" cupcake to Seminary the next morning, so now he is committed to going. She is a girl in our ward (named Elisabeth) and they are just friends so it should be fun for them to go together. She is very tall so I think she is glad to be going with a tall boy. We have quite a few details to work out between then and now.
On Tuesday I got a package mailed off to Scott for Easter, went to a bridal shower for a girl in our ward (I was her advisor in Beehives!), and had my monthly meeting with the bishop. (Had to leave the shower early to go to that.)
Wednesday we had our RS Birthday dinner. I made a crock pot of food for that in the morning, and also had to track down some round table cloths since the ones at our building have mysteriously disappeared. It turned out to be a nice evening, though. We had a lot of people come and the dinner was delicious. We had a short program focused on visiting teaching which turned out really nice, with lots of sisters sharing good experiences that they have had with visiting teaching. The room looked lovely, too. One of the sisters on the committee is really talented at decorating and she made these centerpieces for the tables:
They were each sitting on a square of blue fabric, representing the blue and gold colors on the RS seal. I had a bunch of them at my house because the sister who made them also had the great idea to give them away afterwards to sisters who might need some cheering up. I sent a few home with sisters who were there (either for them or for someone they visit teach) but I ended up bringing most of them home. I had absolutely no time to deliver them, though, so I asked the sister missionaries if they would do it for me. They were delighted by that idea, so they came and picked them up for me this afternoon. By then several of the daffodils had gotten pretty droopy, but thankfully I have daffodils blooming in the front yard so I was able to replace the droopy ones.
Last night Frank took Seth to his first soccer practice of the season while I went to see the boys' play...Catch Me If You Can. I'm really glad I went to see this one because it was fantastic!! I admit in the past I haven't been very impressed with the singing talent of most of the boys at their school but this time most of the male leads did an incredible job with the singing, not to mention the acting was superb. Besides that, there were a ton of dance numbers and all of them were simply amazing. There was some real talent there, plus I'm sure a lot of hard work went into all of it. The show itself has an interesting story line, so all in all it was very entertaining. I don't like most of the shows their director picks, but I really liked this one. Frank is planning to go tomorrow...we didn't really want to take Seth along so we had to attend separately.
Today I spent the morning helping in Seth's class. It's always kind of fun to get an inside look at what he is doing all day. The boys are gone to their play again this evening. Frank & I took Seth to IHOP for dinner. I've been busy updating the budget for the rest of the day. In between everything else I've been getting the regular household jobs done and trying every spare second I get to work on VT changes and taxes. I didn't have many spare seconds, though so I haven't made much progress. Looks like tomorrow will be busy too.
We have had some very nice spring days this week, which we have enjoyed so much. We got some rain tonight (and Monday it rained most of the day) but tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and warm again. It's about time! For a while there it looked like spring was never going to come. So glad it's finally here.

No comments:
Post a Comment