Wow, how did it get to be December already?!! I keep
thinking that Christmas is this abstract event that is out there a ways but
today on the radio someone said it is three weeks from today and I thought
“WHAT?!!!” There is a lot to do between then and now but somehow it will all
work out.
When I wrote my last post we were in Brevard but we are home again
now of course. We had a pretty uneventful trip home. I drove about the first
half of the trip because Frank can’t drive 8 hour stretches anymore with his
back. The trip in general was pretty hard on his back and it hurt him quite a
bit the whole time. So I offered to drive and he took me up on it. And I even
managed to not get really angry with Frank for his “backseat” driving (he was
actually in the front next to me). Haha!
During the second half of the trip home we were following
the BYU game. We couldn’t watch it, of course, but Frank helped me find this
website (using my phone) which gave updates after each play so we could hear
about what was going on. It was kind of cool! And of course we were happy that BYU won so decisively. We got home in time to see the last part of the game.
When we got home we unpacked and picked up Snickers, who
was very glad to see us, although he really liked the other dog at the house where he was staying. Frank had a really busy Sunday as I mentioned he would last week--he gave a talk in church and taught the combined RS / Priesthood class. Mine didn’t turn
out to be that hectic. The less active sister I was supposed to pick up ended
up having to work and the investigating lady and her daughter didn’t come to church after all.
I did still teach Primary and my class had only 3 kids but one of those three
kids was worth about 10! We also had tithing settlement and we ended up feeding
the Elders because Frank found out they had no place to eat and invited them
over. We didn’t end up having a discussion with the investigating lady(or her daughter) either and the
sister missionaries weren’t sure what was going on with her. So I’ve kind of
worried about her all week. Last night they texted me though and said she wants to have a discussion tonight. So we are supposed to do that, although
they haven’t heard back from her on an exact time yet so I’m not sure if it’s
really going to happen or not. At any rate, we found out the sisters didn’t
have a dinner appointment tonight so we are going to feed them, if nothing
else.
Monday was crazy busy because I was trying to get caught up
on all the stuff I didn’t do while we were in NC. We had no food in the house
so I had to go shopping, plus all the usual things I do on Monday like laundry
and vacuuming. Jared had to get his BYU application done so I spent quite a bit
of time going over his essays with him and trying to make sure they were well
organized, worded right, grammatically correct, and so forth. It took a lot
longer than I anticipated and I think Jared was ready to strangle me before we
finished, but we got it done. That evening for family night we watched a Mormon
message and then we set up the Christmas tree. We listened to Mormon Tabernacle
Choir Christmas music while we did that and drank eggnog and ate Santa Brownies
and Christmas Tree cakes (Little Debbies), so that was nice. I’ve been working
on the rest of the Christmas decorations off and on all week and have
everything else done now too so it’s looking rather festive around here.
Did I mention that I got called to be a den leader? If not,
I was. So now I am the Cub Master and a den leader which gives me more to do.
(But still much less than what RS president required!) This week Seth was
really rowdy at den meeting so I was pretty frustrated with him. We are going
to have to work on that! I think he doesn’t behave as well when I am around.
For our den meeting this week we were making costumes because next week for
pack meeting we are marching in the Kris Kringle Procession. It’s this Christmas parade they have in Frederick every year where all the
participants are supposed to wear Christmas themed costumes. We signed up to be
stockings and gifts. So at den meeting some of the boys drew big stockings on
poster board to wear while I helped Seth and another boy cut out head and arm holes
in a box and then we covered it with wrapping paper. It turned out looking
pretty good, I think! We need to make another one between now and next Friday
because both Seth and the other boy want to be gifts.
Also on Wednesday we fed the Elders again and they also
helped Jared and Frank put together one of the bathroom cabinets that we
purchased right before we went to North Carolina. (It’s the kind that goes over
the toilet.) We still need to put the other one together AND hang all the towel
racks and stuff. I’m not sure if we’re ever going to get that done. (But it's okay that we haven't done it yet because I am rethinking the ones we chose and we're probably going to return those and get something different.) Yesterday I
did all the usual Thursday chores and I also got the budget caught up because
today I was planning to go to the temple and knew I wouldn’t have time to work
on the budget. Also in between everything else I’ve been trying to work on
Christmas cards and my ongoing scanning project, and getting a little bit of Christmas shopping done online too. I've decided online is the only way to go. Especially if the two things your son really, really wants are Lego sets that are hard to find or retired. What would I do without Amazon and eBay?!
Oh! I forgot that we got a new Kitchen Aid this week (it was
a Cyber Monday deal). Frank's mom gave us an old Kitchen Aid a few years ago and it works great! We took it with us to North Carolina to use for mixing up the pie and
cheesecake fillings and while we were down there we decided to give it to Frank's sister. Funny thing was, when we put it in
the car to take down to NC with us I had a feeling we would leave it there for
some reason, and then we did. We got a really good deal on the new one (it’s black, by the
way…looks really nice with our countertops) and it works great so we are happy
about it. Early Merry Christmas for Frank and I!
Today I did go to the temple as I’d planned. It is our stake’s annual “Temple Jubilee” today, which means they encourage us to spend as much
time at the temple as we can. Frank decided to work from home today so he took
care of all the morning carpools so I was able to leave here at 6:30 am and
made it to the very first session of the day at 8:00. It was a nice way to
start the day and it felt really great to be there. Frank needed to work today
and I’m not sure how his back would hold up in a temple session anyway but I
hope we can get him to the temple soon; initiatories or sealings might be
easier for him. Someday I would like to stay longer and do a couple of sessions
but today I needed to get back home so I could write to Tanner, among other
things. When I got home, Frank and I went to lunch since we haven’t gone on a
date for quite a while…plus honestly, I was starving!
I’ve been exercising again this week after taking most of
last week off (difficult to do when traveling) and my body was really unhappy
with me about it at the beginning of the week! I am less sore now. My right
foot has been hurting quite a bit this week, though…for some reason it hurts
mostly when I am walking on it not when I am jogging…go figure! Today it feels
a lot better though (although I haven’t jogged yet today).
Jared is gone tonight because they are doing a “Madrigal
Feast” at the school. It’s a dinner and a performance all in one, kind of in
the spirit of Medieval Times (only no live horses or anything like that of
course!) It sounds pretty cool and I would like to go to it…maybe tomorrow,
because they are doing it tomorrow too. Jared says he is wearing tights so
really…that would be something to see! ;)
That is all I have to report this week! Sorry no pictures again...maybe next week.

No comments:
Post a Comment