Friday, May 26, 2017

Weekly Review May 26 '17

Here's what we did this week. 

Friday: We had the car pool boys over to play with Seth for a couple of hours after school. One of them was sick, so we only had two of them. That evening was the stake Fathers / Sons camp out but since Frank isn’t up to camping at all right now, he decided to take Seth out to dinner instead. Except he invited me to come too, so I went also! Seth chose to go to Cracker Barrel and I decided to try something new—the rainbow trout—and it was really good. I also enjoyed browsing extensively in the store, and I did NOT buy anything but I saw a lot of cool stuff.

Saturday: This day was quite busy although most of it isn’t stuff that would interest the world at large. Frank went down to La Plata to set up a new computer for a client so he got up early to do that and got back by early afternoon. He also went shopping for some clothes because he needed a few things for the cruise so he was gone for a good part of the day. I helped Seth write thank you notes to all his friends for his party. In the evening, Frank and I went to a little open house for a couple in our ward who recently got married.

Sunday: Wanda was at church and we sat with her and I helped her with her lunch and took her to the restroom and everything, so that kept me busy. It is really nice to have her back in our ward again, though! The rest of Sunday was really relaxing.

Monday: Nothing out of the ordinary happened this day, so that’s it!

Tuesday: Also mostly an ordinary day. Frank and I checked on things like our plane tickets and our cruise tickets to make sure everything is ready to go. One of my visiting teachers came to see me in the evening. Not long after she left, the doorbell rang again and it was a set of Elders. Turns out they are serving in the stake YSA branch and they were given a list of all the YSA age people in the stake who are not attending the YSA ward so that they could visit all of them. The list was from January, so they were looking for Jared! We told them they didn’t need to worry about Jared since he is on a mission. J We did invite them in and talk with them for a while, though, and gave them some ideas of some of the YSAs in our ward that they should try to visit.

Wednesday: I did birthday shopping for Seth and started making a list for Frank's parents of all the things they need to know about Seth’s routine and so forth. We also had the Sister missionaries over for dinner. They have a YSA guy they are teaching right now and they asked us if they could teach him in our home. It was kind of funny because they said they needed to ask us for a huge favor and seemed kind of nervous about asking us, but then when they asked we immediately said “Sure!” I don’t really consider that a huge favor. That’s a simple thing to do, and we are looking forward to it. We had the missionaries teach a different investigator in our home about 18 month ago, and it was wonderful. Really brought the spirit into our home! That evening after the missionaries left, we called Sprint because we needed to renew our cell phone contract. That ended up taking WAY longer than it should have, but we finally got that taken care of and our bill is supposed to be lower now (I’ll believe it when I see it!) On Wednesday I also went to an adult religion class that recently started in our stake. It’s held every Wednesday and it started about a month ago, but I haven’t been able to go until now. The class is based on the doctrines of the Book of Mormon, but it’s not going through chronologically, each class is focused on a topic. That’s nice because it means you can show up whenever you are able, and you are not “lost”. Anyway, this particular Wednesday I just felt like I really should go. I remember thinking that there must be something in this class that I needed to hear, and we did talk about one idea that I felt would help me with some of the people that I visit teach, so I’m pretty sure that is why I was there. Pretty cool!

Thursday: Again, just an ordinary day with the usual things, plus a few trip preparations. Sam has a four day weekend because of Memorial Day, so he came up to stay on Thursday evening. He’ll be staying until Saturday evening or Sunday morning—he wants to go to his own ward on Sunday.

Friday: That’s today! I spent the morning updating the budget, making a birthday cake for Seth, and washing and changing the sheets on the beds. Frank's parents will be here tonight and they are staying in our bed while we are gone. Seth got out of school 2 hours early today. When he came home, he cleaned up his room a bit and he also had to pick up a bunch of Bionicles that he spread out all over the floor in the other upstairs bedroom because Frank & I will be sleeping in there the next couple of nights (our flight leaves Sunday evening). Now he is playing video games with Sam. Frank's parents will be here in about an hour and we are all going to go out to dinner together.

We've had a lot of rain this week. Today it rained early, then cleared up and was sunny, then rained again, then cleared up again, and now it looks like it is going to rain again!! Crazy! I am hoping that it will stop raining long enough tomorrow so that I can mow the lawn, because our lawn looks like a jungle. 

I did a lot of crocheting this week and I got to use two new colors--both purple. The blanket is getting really long! I will be finishing it before June is over. Here's a few pictures:


Close up that includes the purple rows.

The whole blanket!

That's all I've got for this week!!

No comments: