Friday, November 10, 2017

Weekly Review November 10 '17

Here is what we did this week:

Friday: Frank and I went to dinner that evening with another couple in our ward. We enjoyed dinner and visiting with them. Frank’s steak he ordered wasn’t done enough though and it took 3 tries for them to get it right. Why does that always happen to him??! I swear it happens to him 90% of the time. It never happens to me.

Saturday: This was a really busy day for me. It started out by meeting at 8:30 at the church to help distribute bags for Scouting for Food. That went well. I took Seth and two other kids with me and we got through our assigned route quickly. Then we met up with another group and helped finish their route, which also got done quickly. We were completely done by 10:00, which I hadn’t expected. (Last year I think we were going until noon!) Then I did end up taking two boys out to their aunt’s house because their grandma wasn’t home (I had picked them up at their Grandma’s house earlier) but we still got home earlier than I had expected, which I wasn’t complaining about. I had time to eat something and change clothes and do a little bit of crocheting before I needed to leave again. This time, I met a friend at the church and we drove down to the temple together. A couple in our ward  were going through the temple to receive their own endowments so we went to their session with them. It was really nice! I got back home around 6:00 and we made dinner and then I cleaned the kitchen floor. By 9:00 I was yawning like crazy and ready to go to bed, which was ironic because it was also the night we set our clocks back an hour.

Sunday: I did some indexing in the morning before church. I had the self reliance group as usual that evening. The other facilitator ended up having to take an emergency trip to Utah so I was on my own but it went fine. (She will also be gone this Sunday, and possibly the one after that.) We still had low attendance—only about half of the group showed up although we got some of the people that didn’t come last week so that was good. One of them even brought some homemade cookies to share and they were delicious! One of the group members came by to let us know that he is not going to be able to finish the course right now. Another member has not been there since the 2nd week so I’m guessing he is not going to finish either. That means we have 8 members in our group instead of 10 now.

Monday: This day was pretty busy but mostly with the usual things. I had signed up to volunteer at the school library but when I got there she asked if I could come in on Wednesday instead, so I did that. This was a fairly warm and sunny day and we had rain predicted for a lot of the week so I decided to mow the lawn that afternoon. Maybe that is the last time I will have to do it for a while? We’ll see. For family night activity we played Clue and Frank would have totally beat us except he thought you couldn’t make the final accusation unless you were in the room where the murder occurred. So I sort of won instead. We got frozen yogurt at Menchie’s for treat and the pumpkin yogurt is really good! I want to go back and get more!

Tuesday: This day was also pretty busy with mostly the usual stuff. It rained pretty much all day and was colder. I gave a friend a ride from the doctor to pick up her daughter at school. I also went to physical therapy and I finished one of the Christmas projects that I have been working on (hooray!) That evening we had den meeting for the Wolves and Bears at our house because the church was being used for voting so we couldn’t meet there. It was kind of crazy with 4 cub scouts plus 3 siblings plus Seth (because the Webelos leader cancelled their meeting so Seth was home) but we got through everything I wanted to get done. My one Bear just finished earning his Bear Badge, so I am happy about that. He moves into Webelos in January.

Wednesday: I was gone most of the day because I worked at the school library in the morning and went from there to the religion class and from there to Walmart. I got home from Walmart in time to put away all the groceries and then go pick up Seth at school. On the way to the religion class I picked up a friend in my ward, whose car is getting fixed right now. She had decided to walk from her house to the stake center (about 7 miles!) but realized when she got to TJ High School (near my house) that she wasn’t making good enough time and she was going to be late. So she called me, and since I was just getting ready to leave the school I went back a mile or so to pick her up. I’m pretty impressed that she walked that far! (I took her home, too.) That evening I took Seth to swimming lessons. So all in all, I wasn’t home much!

Thursday: I just had the usual things to do (laundry, vacuuming…) so that was nice for a change. I don’t feel like I got as much done as I should have, all things considered, but I did get everything on my list done. That evening I went to a RS Meeting where we were making different crafts out of mason jars. They had about 5 different jars to choose from, but I chose to make some nativity jars—which are Christmas decorations. They look like this:





All I had to do was attach the silhouette stickers and tie the raffia around the top. I made two last night and brought three more home to finish, but I am actually going to give all of them away because I think they will make great gifts for the sisters I visit teach. (Most of whom are less active.) I really like the jars and wouldn’t mind having one, but we already have plenty of Christmas decorations!! I really enjoyed the evening; I haven’t been to a RS meeting for a while because I wasn’t able to go to the last couple of meetings they had. It’s always nice to get out of the house and chat with other women.

Friday: Today Seth does not have school because of Veteran’s Day. It is much colder today than it had been and really feels like winter. (We had a freeze warning overnight and another one tonight.) I guess most of our beautiful fall weather is over now, although we may get another nice day or two sprinkled in. I’m thinking seriously about splurging on a new winter coat. The coat I have isn’t all that warm. I’ve been working on the usual Friday things (mostly budgeting) so there isn’t a lot to say about today yet. Seth cleaned his room this morning because I told him he had to do that before he could play games and for once he did it quickly without complaining, so that was nice.


Update on Snickers: We took a urine sample into the vet a few days ago and the results of the testing they did came back great. He is going to continue on the special diet that he’s been on, except that we get to switch to dry food now instead of the canned food. I’m happy about that because the canned food is messier and more of a hassle. He will have his urine and his blood tested again in February but until then he is good to go. Tomorrow is his birthday, and he will be 9 years old. There were a few times this last year that I wasn't sure he was going to be with us much longer, so I am glad he is making it to this milestone and doing better!

Here are a couple of fall pictures to finish up this week's post. Our last sunny day:


And the gray skies of November!:







No comments: