This week has been less eventful and I don't have as many photos to share, but I was surprised that I still have quite a few. I didn't record a lot in my planner so I will probably forget a bunch of things but here goes anyway.
Frank and Jared were up early Saturday morning to catch their flight back to Maryland. They got home safely without any problems. I woke up when they left and thought I would go back to sleep, but I didn't. Saturday was fairly uneventful, though. We hung out at Amy's house until early afternoon and then moved over to Mom's house to stay for the rest of our time in Utah. Curtis's family were still here so we visited with them too.
Sunday we went to church with Mom and most of Curtis's family, then enjoyed family dinner afterwards with all of them and more visiting. I think extended family came over to visit as well; I just can't remember for sure--all the days and family get togethers are kind of a blur!
Curtis's family flew back home the next morning. Monday was a quiet day; we got laundry done and I did some scanning of photos (I wanted to scan some of the family snapshots that Mom has while I was here). I scanned a bunch and then discovered that only the first one had saved to my phone, so I had to start over. Amanda was here all day and we enjoyed visiting with her. Tanner went with Darlee on a hike to Timp Cave and he stopped at Mom's on the way back to visit with us. I took him home later. I think the view from his apartment (when you walk out the front door) is pretty great:
I planned to take Seth to the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point on Tuesday but he wasn't feeling very well that morning so we decided to wait until the next day. It was another quiet day and I scanned a lot more photos. It was nice to have some quiet days after all the busy days we had last week! That evening Seth was feeling better and we went to Tim's house for a Harry Potter birthday celebration. They did such a great job decorating and preparing yummy food. It was really fun!
Butter beer (it was delicious!):
Great Harry Potter shirts / outfits:
Seth is ready to eat:
Snuggle this Muggle!:
Chocolate frogs, jelly slugs, and Bertie Bott's every flavor beans:
A delicious feast! We had roast beef, roast chicken, potatoes, gravy, asparagus, green beans, carrots, strawberries, and rolls:
Gryffindor forever!:
We played the game where you have the name of a person (or place or spell) on your forehead and have to ask yes or no questions to figure out who the person (or place or spell) is. These were my two cards that I had to guess:
After the feast, we watched Harry Potter 6, stopping in the middle to have cake and ice cream:
It was lots of fun and great to hang out with other Harry Potter nerds like us!
On Wednesday I took Seth to the museum and he had a good time:
Then that evening I went to the Payson Temple with Shellie & Mom to do an endowment session. Mom & I had never been to that temple before and we really enjoyed it--so beautiful!!
Thursday was another pretty low key day. I helped Mom pull a few weeds in the morning and I did laundry again. Amy came over to help Mom with some things and we visited for a while. Scott came over in the evening so I could have a last visit with him.
This morning (Friday) I went to the temple to do another endowment session. I wanted to go as much as possible while in Utah since our temple is closed and it is pretty challenging to get to the Philadelphia Temple. I have really missed being able to go to the temple, so I am glad I have been able to go three times in the last 2 weeks. While I was there, I saw a couple from the ward in Orem where I grew up. I was sure they didn't recognize me, so I introduced myself and they remembered our family and they were glad that I had spoken to them.
After the temple, I stopped to get a few things for our trip and also went to the distribution center. Late this afternoon Seth and I went to pick up Tanner at his apartment in Provo. On the way back to Mom's house we took a short drive up Provo Canyon and got out at Canyon Glen Park to enjoy nature's beauty for a while.
Then we stopped at the Macey's in Orem to get some ice cream cones and buy some flowers. Then we went to the cemetery to visit Dad's grave for a while, where we also saw Maddie. After that we came back to Mom's house for dinner and Rachelle & Emily came to visit us for a while. Now Amy's family is coming to see us too so I will finish this up! (Tanner is spending the night here too.)
Tomorrow morning, early, Seth and I are heading home. It's been so great to be here and we will miss everyone! I'm so grateful we could come. I will be glad to get home tomorrow too, though.

























































2 comments:
I want to go to a harry potter party! /i also really wish I could have spent more time with everyone but life was obviously a bit crazy for me at the time!
Of course it was so fun to see you and everybody. It sounds like your extra week of stay was relaxing and you got to do some great things. So glad it went well.
Post a Comment