When I left off last week, I was hoping that Frank would get home from work early. He did get home around 4:00 pm, which is a little early, but then a problem came up at one of the restaurants with a piece of equipment failing and it needed to be replaced right away, so guess who got to do that? The restaurant was in La Plata, which is over an hour and a half away, too. So he ended up eating dinner and then leaving again, and didn't get home until about 11:00 pm. Boo!! Frank has had a busy work week this week (what's new?) but it wasn't too bad. His Monday night POS install was the biggest hiccup...it actually went quite smoothly and they were done by 3:45 am, but then he discovered that someone had left the back delivery door to the restaurant unlocked and everyone who had a key was gone and sound asleep, of course. he couldn't leave the restaurant unlocked like that, so he pulled his car up close to the door so that it couldn't be opened from the outside and he had to wait there until someone finally showed up to open the store at about 5:45. (He did try to get in touch with the store manager, but of course he was asleep at that hour.) This restaurant was about an hour away, so he didn't get home and to bed until 7:00 am. So that was really frustrating that he lost so much sleep over someone else's mistake. He was awake again and on the phone shortly after 9:00 am but thankfully he didn't have to go anywhere that day. He probably worked at least 2 or 3 hours, but all from home. he took a few short naps later but he was, of course, very tired by bedtime on Tuesday night. The rest of the week has been pretty calm, by comparison. I hope nothing "explodes" today!
Anyway, going back to last Saturday, I had Seth try on all of his pants and shirts to see what still fit. He has outgrown a couple of pairs of pants and a lot of shirts, but since he had tons of shirts he still has plenty of shirts left. He mostly needed a couple of pairs of pants and some new church clothes, plus some underwear. Frank and I went to the store later that day and got the pants & underwear (we had other shopping to do too) and I went on Amazon on Monday and ordered a dress shirt, dress pants, and a couple of ties for him. He should be good for a while, except that we still need to get some Sunday shoes. When Frank and I went out to the store we also went to his office on that same trip to drop off equipment that was still in the back of my car from his Monday night POS install (he brings back the old equipment that was replaced). Then we got some lunch at Cafe Rio. It was nice to spend some time alone together! On Saturday afternoon we watched the BYU football game and we were glad BYU won again although it was disappointing that they didn't play as well as they were played for all the other games. Finally, there was a game that was at a time that we could actually watch the whole thing and it was their worst game of the season so far! But that's okay...at least they did win the game.
We had in person church on Sunday and then Frank & Seth had online quorum meetings and I had an online RS meeting. It was also fast Sunday and our stake had a special fast for several things. I spent the day reading a family history book and doing indexing.
The rest of the week has been the normal school / work routine, without a lot of variations. Seth had an online Deacon's activity on Tuesday evening--they had "show and tell" (show something they made or something they've been doing). Seth also had a virtual checkup with our doctor on Wednesday afternoon--just following up on his medication. This week is "midterm" at school and today he has the day off.
We got one of those new video doorbell things on Wednesday and Frank spent quite a bit of time that evening installing it...there was some kind of problem with the connection but he finally got it working correctly. I don't like answering the door when I'm the only one at home so it will be nice to be able to see who is there when the doorbell rings.
I kept quite busy this week and got a lot done. I finished the hat I was working on:
And started a new one, which I am well into:
I finished the ADHD book I was reading and started a new one. I am also only a few pages away from finishing The Odyssey. I watched a BYU Education Week talk nearly every day and have really enjoyed all of them so far. I watched one about teaching our kids to have "grit" which was excellent and another one about financial preparedness that was also excellent. It encouraged me that we are not as far off in preparing for retirement as I thought we were, and it also showed clearly to me that we have been doing everything right in terms of living within a budget and staying out of debt. So that was nice! I have also done well with scripture study and I've read through several of the talks from the most recent General Conference.
Today is cloudy and gloomy, but mostly we've been enjoying really nice fall weather and yesterday was really beautiful!
Backyard views:
That's all our news for this week.








No comments:
Post a Comment