This week's post will probably be fairly short. I thought this week was going to be quiet and that I was going to get a lot of work done on my summer projects, but that's not how it turned out at all. Seth was supposed to be at FSY all week and Frank was supposed to be working but instead we have all spent the week at home, really sick with Covid, and I haven't felt well enough to do anything.
Frank mentioned on Friday (the 21st) that he had a slight sore throat and headache. It was bothering him a little more on Saturday, and by Sunday he really wasn't feeling well. He's in charge of the Sacrament meeting broadcast for our ward so he did go to church, but he decided to sit in the foyer so he wouldn't be near other people and Seth and I sat with him, which all things considered was a good thing. I did go to choir practice and went into the chapel to sing with the choir, but other than that I wasn't around people much. Frank didn't stay for the 2nd hour and although I went to RS, I didn't sit close to anyone else.
I did go to an openhouse that afternoon for a girl in our ward who left for the MTC this week, and I've been worrying ever since that I exposed her and / or other people to Covid, but I was feeling fine then and it never occurred to me that Frank might have Covid. When I got home from the open house, he told me that he had done a Covid test and was waiting for the results. The line that would mean the test was positive was so very faint that I wasn't even sure it was there, but he took another test Monday morning and that one was definitely positive.
Meanwhile, Jared & Jessie were coming for dinner and to do laundry...they weren't too worried about getting sick because they actually both had Covid while we were in Utah. (Jessie's family had a family reunion that week and they got really sunburned too but the sunburn and Covid didn't happen until the end of the reunion, so they still had fun.) Frank stayed upstairs and I took him dinner on a tray. We enjoyed dinner and some games with Jared & Jessie.
I forgot to mention that on Saturday there was a memorial open house for a lady in our ward who passed away at the beginning of June. She was probably the oldest member of our ward and well loved by everyone. Frank was helping with technology stuff for that. I went to the memorial as well. Seth debated for a while but decided to stay home...he had just finished his second on the road driving lesson and wanted to relax.
Seth was leaving for FSY on Monday morning, and I was one of the drivers. A large group of 12 youth from our ward were all attending this week. After Frank tested positive for Covid, I suggested that Seth should ride with me and we would take extra luggage, but none of the other kids. But as it turned out...there was enough room for all of the kids and their luggage in the 2 other cars so the other adults told me I didn't need to drive. No one seemed to mind having Seth in the car with their kids; I did have him wear a mask and told him to wear a mask indoors all week. I was grateful I didn't have to drive since it was a 4 hour round trip and instead I was able to go home to take care of Frank.
Here's a photo of all the kids ready to embark:
I got back home and felt tired so I decided to take a nap. When I woke up from my nap, I had a slight headache and sore throat. Meanwhile, I had told Seth to stay alert to any symptoms he might start feeling and by late afternoon he was texting me saying he wasn't feeling very well. By dinner time we made the decision to go pick him up because we didn't want him to get anyone else sick and I was also worried that I was going to feel worse by the next day and it would be harder for me to pick him up then. Frank didn't want me to go alone and he even insisted on driving, so even though he was feeling terrible and coughing up a lung, he drove the four hour round trip with me to pick up Seth. Seth didn't seem to be feeling too bad when we picked him up but during the night he vomited and couldn't keep much down on Tuesday so we were sure we had made the right decision to pick him up instead of waiting to see how he felt in the morning. I do feel really bummed that he missed FSY...I'm sure it would have been a great experience for him and unlike last time, he was there with a large group of kids he knows and was roommates with one of his good friends. Oh well!! So far, no one else has gotten sick and I hope that continues. I would feel really bad if we got others sick.
One nice thing about the long drive to FSY...the scenery was spectacular:
It was late and we were all beat by the time we got home and went straight to bed and thankfully we didn't have to get up at a particular time. Frank worked about a half day from home on Monday but he took Tuesday and Wednesday off. He was feeling well enough to go into work for a few hours on Thursday morning (wearing a mask) and then worked from home the rest of the day and today. Most of Frank's really bad symptoms have abated now...he's just really tired. That's a bit encouraging to me because I still feel pretty rotten. I'm going through boxes of tissues and have a wicked cough and feel dizzy and feverish and tired most of the time. Hopefully I will feel better like Frank does in another day or two. I do think I am improving slightly.
Seth has not seemed to be too miserable but he's definitely had his moments...he's taken a lot of naps and sometimes complained of being really cold. I'm sure he's had a fever at least some of the time too. He's been a little congested and had a bit of a cough but not nearly as much as me or Frank.
Frank has been great the last couple of days making sure we have food to eat. Luckily, I made a grocery run Monday morning before meeting for the FSY carpool so we've had enough food in the house. Most of the other regular chores have not been done, but that's okay. I've done some reading, and spent time in the scriptures every day, and watched a few shows, but mostly I've been bored and restless and miserable. I did take advantage of the down time to do a bunch of Seminary training which was good.
And that's it!



No comments:
Post a Comment