When I wrote last week, I had a headache. It did go away, but I have another headache today. I'm wondering if it is allergy related. I've been feeling rather itchy all over lately and I think that might happen every spring too. I'm still glad it is spring, though! It was chilly when I wrote last Friday and it stayed fairly chilly over the weekend but each day this week has gotten a little warmer than the day before so by Wednesday temperatures were up into the 80s and Thursday was even hotter, up to the low 90s. Today is back in the low 80s, which is my happy spot. I actually haven't been outside today though and inside I've been getting cold because the air conditioning is running. I'm grateful to have air conditioning, but I have a bit of a love / hate relationship with it!
Last Saturday was pretty busy...I had stake choir rehearsal along with the regular chores. I also filed the annual report for Frank's business. I was happy to discover that we no longer have to file a personal property tax return, just the annual report. (There were some changes in the law since last year.) The filing fee is the same, but the annual report is just very basic information (name of business, address, etc...no financial information) so it takes a lot less time. No more taxes to file until next year. 😄Jared came over after he got off work and spent some time with us that evening. We all went out to dinner together too.
We kept Easter pretty simple this year. Seth said he didn't care if he had his own basket or not, so I just put all the candy I purchased into a big bowl and we've all been sharing that. (He did get his own chocolate bunny; he requested that.) We didn't dye Easter eggs either but we were all up early for church. I had choir practice before church, Seth helped set up the sacrament, and Frank was the only member of the bishopric in town so he needed to be there early to make sure everything was ready. The ward that meets before us got out really late, so our meeting ended up starting late too. We didn't have 2nd hour meetings, so it all worked out. Jared came to our ward and it was nice to have him there with us. (Especially for me, since I usually sit alone until after the sacrament when Seth sits with me.) Thank goodness Frank thought to bring bread with us because no one else brought it. (It wasn't our turn, but with many people out of town, someone must have forgotten about it.) Our meeting was really nice, with some really great talks and music. The Primary sang as well as the choir and the returning sister missionary gave a perfect Easter talk. There were a lot of people there, too. Even though many people were out of town, others were visiting family here and a number of members who don't come often came too.
After church we enjoyed spending the day together as a family. Jared stayed most of the afternoon and evening and had Easter dinner with us.
Jared and I started editing my class's movie for the upcoming YM / YW film festival. Jared has a lot of great ideas which is going to make it a lot better. He also knows how to do all the editing...I don't! So I am very grateful for his help.
This week has been quiet since Seth hasn't had school all week. I did end up having something to do nearly every day though. On Monday I went with two friends...Jane and Cecily...to visit our friend Wanda. We were going to take her out to lunch but for some reason when I called to set that up, the nursing home people said we couldn't take her off the premises, but we could bring some lunch and eat it outside with her, so that's what we did. She did say that people from her ward had taken her to church the previous day, so I'm not sure why we weren't allowed to take her anywhere. We are trying to find that out. Anyway, we did get to visit her and she enjoyed the lunch we brought her.
That evening we went on a walk and then went to get family night treat at Rita's; then we came home and played a game. Everything around here is blooming!
Here's a big limb that broke off a tree in that wind storm I mentioned last week:
We went on a walk Wednesday evening too, but I didn't take any photos.
Tuesday was the one day I didn't have something planned, but I kept busy with the usual household chores. Seth helped me clean the bathrooms. That evening, Frank and Seth went to see the new Super Mario Brothers movie. I had no desire to see that, but they enjoyed it...said it was pretty funny.
I did my usual VITA shift on Wednesday. That was probably my last shift because the program director doesn't think they are going to need my help on Monday. They don't have very many appointments scheduled. He will call me if they get busy and need me to come in. We thought we were going to be sitting around a bit on Wednesday because we only had one 9:00 appointment and two 10:00 appointments, and then no more appointments scheduled until 1:00. However, a couple of people showed up (thinking they had appointments even though they didn't) and at least one person was able to get a last minute appointment so we ended up keeping fairly busy the whole time (which I prefer to sitting around anyway).
Yesterday I went to lunch with my friend Rebekah. We went to a pizza place near my house which I had never tried...it was pretty good. Jared & Jessie came over in the evening to have dinner with us. We took them to Rita's to get treats too. Jared and I worked on my class movie a bit more. They didn't stay very late, though, because Jared was feeling tired. He had an endoscopy the previous day (Wednesday). The procedure went well but they don't have the results yet. He was still recovering from that and feeling a bit tired.
Today I was planning to go to the temple but I had a really bad night...didn't sleep well at all...so I decided to go another day. I was sorry to miss going, but I didn't feel good about driving down to the temple and back when I was so sleepy. I was able to sleep in a bit and feel more rested now. I got the usual Friday work done, which is mostly updating the budget...my favorite "chore"!
Seth has enjoyed being home all week and has mostly been playing video games and getting caught up on a few of his favorite shows, plus watching some of the Hobbit movies. I thought it would have been fun for he and I to go on a day trip somewhere, but he really prefers to stay home and I ended up being busier than I had anticipated. Oh well! I think we are going to have a pretty busy summer so it was nice for him to have some down time. He goes back to school on Monday but he doesn't have Seminary until Tuesday. There are only 22 days left of Seminary this school year because they finish when the seniors finish, which is a few weeks before school gets out. I don't know why they do it that way here, but it's always been that way. I will probably be helping with Seminary next week because one of the teachers is having some health issues and needs to get some medical treatments. Frank is her ministering brother and he gave her a blessing last night; while he was there he volunteered me to help! I'm happy to help, though.
I can't think of anything else to report for this week so that's it until next week.








No comments:
Post a Comment