It's February! We're that much closer to warmer weather. :) We had a pretty busy week. Here's the details:
Saturday: Seth had a YM leadership training meeting in the morning. They fed him breakfast too. Frank wasn't feeling very well--he had a bad headache--so I picked Seth up from his meeting. Frank did quite a bit of work for clients, in spite of the headache. I kept busy that day working on our tax return, cleaning the kitchen floor, working on wedding stuff, working on stuff for my music calling, submitting my time sheet for my job, and working on the quilt. I got the rest of the squares sewed together. That evening I had my last meeting for my self reliance group. I am glad to be done! I did enjoy this group overall, though.
Sunday: The choir sang in Sacrament Meeting. My Primary class is the cutest! One of the boys gave me a picture he drew for me during Sacrament Meeting. They are a wiggly class, though. It can be a challenge to keep their attention. After church I kept busy with the usual scripture study, indexing, and so forth. I really like the new curriculum. I also prepared my Primary lesson for this Sunday. We worked on Articles of Faith with Seth and he has learned all of them so he is done with Faith in God! One of Frank's clients had an emergency so he had to do some work for them in the afternoon.
Monday: There wasn't school because it was a teacher work day (Friday was the end of the 2nd term). I did go to work, but Frank was home with Seth. Seth had an orthodontist appointment that afternoon. They still don't know exactly what treatment he is going to need because he has a lot of baby teeth that still need to come out. He's lost 4 teeth since the last visit, though. He goes back in 3 months and at that point he will probably have to have some teeth pulled if they haven't come out on their own. Shortly after we got home from the orthodontist, Seth threw up. As usual, he was fine after that and never got sick again but since he had thrown up, I had to keep him home from school on Tuesday.
Tuesday: We weren't sure that he was going to miss any school because we were supposed to get snow on Tuesday morning. As it turned out, the storm came later than they originally thought, so there was school on Tuesday but they got out 3 hours early. So he only missed a short day. He was actually upset about missing school at all, though. What kid gets upset over missing school?!! I really don't get it. He says he "might miss something important". We ended up getting 3 or 4 inches of snow. Seth had an appointment with our bishop that night to have him sign his Faith in God book. He will be recognized for that on Sunday and he will also be ordained a Deacon on Sunday. Meanwhile, I had a productive day on Tuesday (Tuesday seems to be my best day for some reason) and got through a long list of chores plus practiced the ukulele and worked on the quilt.
Wednesday: School was cancelled because of the snow. My religion class was also cancelled because there wasn't any heat at the Stake Center. We did the Walmart shopping and we made Seth come with us. When we came out of Walmart, it was snowing! We got this little snow "squall"--it snowed really hard and the wind blew really hard, but it only lasted for about a half hour. We probably got a half inch of snow, and all the trees and light poles had a thin layer of snow caked on one side of them. It also got a lot colder. Temperatures dropped a LOT and we had temperatures in the negative digits overnight and in the single digits on Thursday. We did not get it as bad as the midwest, though, so we are grateful for that. Seth played with some friends for a few hours on Wednesday afternoon and Sam arrived for a visit on Wednesday afternoon also. He is done with his class in Virginia and will be heading to Texas for his new assignment soon. In the meantime, he has some time off so he came for a short visit. He and Seth went with Frank on Wednesday night to pull some cables for a client. While they were gone I worked on taxes some more and I also worked on the quilt and got the quilt top done:
Now I need to get the back prepared and the batting cut to size, and then I need to figure out how to quilt it!
Thursday: There was a two hour delay because of slippery roads and extreme cold. I didn't end up working so I spent some time working on the income tax return instead. Seth and I had dentist appointments, so I had to pick him up a little early from school for that. (Yes, he hasn't spent much time at school this week!!) It was just our check ups and neither of us have any cavities, so that's good news.
Friday: Today school began at the regular time and got out at the regular time, and Seth was there for the whole day! We had snow showers predicted in the morning and it did indeed start snowing. There was probably half an inch all over everything when I took Seth to school. The surprising thing is that it continued to snow all day! It didn't snow hard, but we probably got another 3 inches of snow. We didn't really expect that. But as I said, they didn't let school out early or anything so that was good. After I got Seth home from school I shoveled the front walk. An hour later it looked like this:
I think it has mostly stopped snowing now, though. Sam left this morning, and he is headed south--he's going to Florida to go to Universal Studios before going on to Texas. We've enjoyed having him live nearby and we are sad to see him go. Frank has been very busy with clients all week and today he had to go onsite to do some work with a client that is a couple of hours away. He is back from there now, but he is gone again--pulling more cable for another client.
The big news of the day, however, is that he got a job offer!! Remember that job that he was depressed about last week because he didn't think he got it? Well, he did get it. They just took longer to make a decision than they told him originally. It is a good offer and we will probably accept it, but we are going to think about it and pray about it over the weekend. One of the great things about it is that it is right here in Frederick, so no commuting!! He will have to go on a couple of training trips in Dallas in March, though. Anyway, we are very happy that he has received an offer. Life is going to be so much easier on so many levels when he starts working again. We're very grateful!!
That's all the news from these parts for this week, and I need to get some dinner made so that's it for today.
Pew Year in Review 2025
9 months ago






2 comments:
First of all I love the winter pictures and I like your quilt. Exciting that Seth got his faith in God award and will be ordained a deacon and more even than all those that Frank received a job offer. What a week. I do hope Sam enjoys his new assignment as well.
Those snow photos are so pretty!
Post a Comment