It is feeling a lot like spring around here, although I know it really isn't yet. After having some really frigid sub-zero temperatures last week, things started to warm up on Sunday and we've had temperatures way above average for a lot of the week--50s, 60s, and even up into the low 70s one day! Our little "honeymoon" is going to end soon since temperatures are supposed to plunge back down to a high of 36 tomorrow, but I have enjoyed the reprieve from the normal miserable winter weather as long as it has lasted. Here's a summary of this week's important (and not so important) happenings:
Saturday: I worked on the quilt, worked on our tax return, and worked on my church callings. I guess I really didn't work on the quilt, but I went to the store to get some needles since I didn't have any quilting needles.
Sunday: Seth was recognized in Sacrament Meeting for finishing his Faith in God, and he recited the 4th Article of Faith. After church, Frank ordained him a Deacon. Other than that, it was a regular Sunday with lots of scripture study, indexing, and so forth.
Monday: Work got cancelled for me on both Monday and Wednesday this week. I am grateful that we are not depending on my income for survival! Instead of going to work, I went to the fabric store to get some more quilting items and I got all the regular chores done. The afternoon / evening was busy because I had a doctor appointment in the afternoon (just an annual check up). Frank picked Seth up from school because I was still at the doctor. He also picked up 2 other kids--the ones that we have picked up a number of times because their mom has been having complications from surgery and having medical procedures done. She had to have another procedure done (unexpectedly) on Sunday. Her original operation was last March, so this has been going on almost a year--what an ordeal for them!! After the problems she had over the weekend, they have decided that the procedures they've been doing aren't really working, so they are trying to figure out what to do instead. I'm sure that is very discouraging and frustrating for them. I'm glad we've been able to help them with their kids, but I wish there was more we could do. Anyway, I got home right after the kids were picked up by their dad and we barely had time to make and eat dinner before our next appointment. A lady in our ward came over to interview us because we are going to be the spotlight couple in the next issue of the ward newsletter. After that, we had family night. So as I said--it was a busy evening. Oh! I almost forgot! Frank sent in his acceptance for the job offer that he got also. So that was pretty important!
Tuesday: I had all kinds of errands and other jobs to get done on Tuesday. I started out by visiting a number of craft and party stores, looking for a topper for Jared & Jessie's wedding cake. Most places didn't have any at all, but I did find a few at the party store that I thought were good possibilities, so I took pictures and sent them to Jared for his opinion. They really liked one of them and asked me to get it, so I went back and bought it the next day. I visited my friend Wanda (she wanted to give me a list of things she needed at Walmart), sent out some emails to organize some musical numbers (for church), practiced the ukulele and called the vet to set up some appointments for Snickers. Besides all that, I worked on the quilt--I got the backing cut and sewed together. I didn't get all the regular chores done but I decided I really wanted to get some work done on the quilt and that it wouldn't matter if the bathrooms were dirty for one more day. (And I was right! And I did get them cleaned on Wednesday, so no harm done.) That evening we decided to go out to eat to celebrate Frank getting a job (plus we had a gift card). It didn't turn out the best, though, because Frank's meat was raw in the middle (he has the WORST luck with that! Happens to him all the time!) and he also started realizing during the meal that he really wasn't feeling that well.
Wednesday: My religion class got cancelled again because the teacher was out of town. I used the day to catch up on all the regular chores, plus I practiced the ukulele again and bought the wedding cake topper and worked on our income tax return, which is almost done now. I took Seth to YM and picked him up again later. Frank was pretty miserable all day, with some sort of intestinal illness. He felt really nauseated, but he was able to keep food down, which is good since his blood sugar can get all messed up if he doesn't eat.
Thursday: I mostly spent the day getting the regular chores done. Last night I started marking the quilt top (so I will know where to put the quilting stitches). I got some of it done, but I ran into a lot of problems with one of the pencils I was using so I didn't get a lot done. I'm not looking forward to finishing that job, but it needs to be done so that I can actually start quilting. Frank started feeling a bit better, thankfully.
Friday: Today I haven't accomplished a lot so far--mostly because I woke up later than normal. I did exercise this morning at least. Frank is feeling better and he wanted to go to lunch together since this is his last "day off"--he starts his new job on Monday. So we did that, and it was much nicer than our attempt to celebrate on Tuesday. I have to go pick up Seth pretty soon, and then I will get the budget updated.
So a few details about Frank's new job, since you are all probably wondering! He is going to work for Roy Rogers, which is a local fast food restaurant. (Their main menu item is fried chicken, but they do have some burgers and things like that too. It's actually pretty good. We've eaten there occasionally.) They have restaurants in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia. The headquarters are here in Frederick. He's going to be their main IT guy. (His official title is "Senior Manager of Information Technology".) He will need to work onsite at different locations occasionally, so he will have some travel--they said about 25% of the time. For his first week, he will be spending a lot of time at one of their restaurants to see how the system works. He will be working different shifts so his work schedule next week is kind of crazy. Usually he will be working during normal work hours, though. He is excited for the challenge and we are very happy, of course, that he has a new job. They are fine with him continuing to run his business, as long as it doesn't interfere with his work. He's been pretty busy this week (even when he was sick) finishing up projects for clients. He also visited (or called) all of his clients to let him know about the new job and they are all fine with him not being available to help them during normal business hours. So we'll see how it goes. He was able to manage it with his Marriott job and hopefully he will be able to do the same now.
That's all I can think of for this week and I need to go pick up Seth from school in a few minutes, so I will sign off.
Pew Year in Review 2025
9 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment