I don't think there is a lot to write about this week, but we did have a few things going on.
Frank was really busy last week, including Friday evening and part of Saturday, finishing up a large project for a client. This week he had to go onsite to do work for another client, so he did that after work on Wednesday and didn't get home until nearly 8:00 pm. Hopefully there won't be more of that for a while.
Last Saturday evening Frank and I went to the temple. We attended the same session with a group of couples from our ward including the bishop and his wife, the EQ president and his wife, and the ward clerk and his wife. We saw another couple who used to live in our ward while we were there as well as one of my ministering sisters. It is always nice to see familiar faces in the temple! We met at a restaurant in Frederick to have some dinner before we drove down to the temple. It was fun to visit with everyone. Our session was pretty full but I was surprised that it wasn't as full as the one I attended on Thursday morning. It was really wonderful to attend the temple twice in one week, especially after not being able to go regularly for over four years.
Sunday started early because I had a song practice again before church. Frank had his usual meetings afterwards; I also had a meeting later in the afternoon with the rest of the YW leaders and the class presidents to do some planning for activities.
We all enjoyed having a day off from our normal routine on Monday, since Frank and Seth were both home because of Labor Day. They helped me get my chores done which was particularly nice since I was still not very comfortable walking. Remember that my right foot hurt when I woke up last Friday? It improved and by Saturday evening when we went to the temple it wasn't bothering me very much but when I stood up to leave church on Sunday, my left foot started hurting!! It actually hurts a lot more than my right foot did, and has continued to bother me this whole week. It's quite a bit better now than it was early in the week, but it's still slightly uncomfortable to walk so I haven't been able to exercise all week. Hopefully it will continue to improve and I'll be back to my regular routine soon. I have no idea why either foot started hurting, and the pain has been different in each foot so it could be different things. Just really strange that happened, but I'm grateful that they weren't both hurting a lot at the same time.
The school week was fairly busy for me because Seth had a dentist appointment (6 month check up) on Tuesday after school and he had an orthodontist appointment on Thursday after school so I picked him up from school both days and went straight to his appointments. I picked him up on Wednesday too because it was raining.
On Tuesday evening we had youth activities as usual. We had class activities but none of the girls in my class came. One of them was sick, two of them have school activities on Tuesday evenings, and the other one hasn't been coming to activities for over a month. (She did come to church on Sunday though so I got to see her briefly then.) The younger class has 3 girls but one was sick and another had a school activity so that class had only one girl. The YW secretary brought her daughter, though, who will be in YW next year and the advisor for the youngest class also brought her daughter who is coming into YW next year, so the three of them did their activity together and I helped. Since my class advisor had a lot to do, I told her she could go home since the YW secretary and youngest class advisor were also there to help. For their activity, the girls decorated our ward's long neglected bulletin board. It looked really cute when they were done:
On Wednesday I was supposed to have a presidency meeting but both the president and the secretary forgot about it and the president was very busy and in the middle of a crisis (her kitchen faucet broke and was leaking) so we decided to postpone the meeing. Instead, I did some shoe shopping because my one pair of Sunday sandals is old and both shoes are going to break any day now. I looked online and didn't find much I liked so I decided to try looking at a couple of stores at the local mall. I didn't find anything there I liked either though. I could have tried more places, but my foot was hurting too much to walk very far. (Kind of ironic I guess!) There really are very few shoe stores in Frederick so there is not much to choose from. I will have to keep looking online I guess. My friend Rebekah gave me a few ideas of websites to try.
I had lunch with Rebekah on Thursday and that evening I had another song practice. We'll be singing this Sunday so that was our last practice besides a quick review we'll have on Sunday before choir practice.
In between everything else I've been reading Ribbons of Scarlet for book chat; I'm about 2/3 of the way through and it's pretty good. I've also been listening to some audio books. I listened to a book called Falling to Heaven which was really good and gave me a lot to think about. I started listening to a fiction book called Even the Dog Knows, which seems to be pretty good but I haven't gotten far enough into it to make a clear decision on how I feel about it. Part of it is told from the dog's perspective and I do find that amusing.
I don't pay a lot of attention to world news but I did hear about Queen Elizabeth's death right after it happened yesterday. 70 years is a really impressive time to reign. I think she was quite the trooper and she deserves a good rest! I watched a 96 gun salute they did for her this morning which was pretty cool.
That's all the news from these parts until next week.






No comments:
Post a Comment